Jarrow Formulas, TMG, Trimethylglycine, 500 mg, 120 Tablets

It's WOW all over again

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate From Utah on Jan 17, 2007

My first 48 hours with TMG have been real eye-openers. This is doing more of what methylb12 and SAM-E in the sense of a literal visual brightening, mood brightening, and a certain kind of energy increase, both did previously. On a very preliminary survey of the usual 5, it's a very positive response so far of 3 of 3 who have tried it. While the magitude of increase is below that of my initial methylb12 doses, it is larger than that of the SAM-e. This is the first brand I've tried so I have no idea if there are brand differences as with some products.

Best I have tried

Posted by Reviewer3257717 From New Jersey on May 16, 2008

I have tried a three other brands and this is absolutely the most potent and effective. Very important for the choline system. Also Like that the tablets do not absorb moisture from the atmosphere and get puffy and crumbly like some of the other brands. Update: 5/08 the tablets are no longer coated and now become puffy and crumble when exposed to air. Too bad because I loved this brand.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1790651 From Armed Forces Pacific on Sep 18, 2009

This, along with L-Methionine (to make Sam-e), has really changed my life. I wouldn't have said I was depressed before, but now I am so much more optimistic and cheerful. My husband is on the same regimen (we each take one of each in the morning) and has has the same change. We ran out for a couple of days last week and both noticed a pretty dramatic difference. I won't be without this one again, and I honestly think everyone should try it.

a smart antidepressant nutritional core

Posted by Reviewer2795053 From Virginia on Apr 10, 2009

TMG is a godsend. When I went off antidepressants rather suddenly and was fishing around for something to stop panic attacks and intense bad moods, TMG was the first consistent improvement. Four years later, it is still an indispensable part of my regimen. Perhaps its most important effect is recycling homocysteine into SAMe, which has antidepressant effects. Unchecked homocysteine sensitizes neurons to glutamate toxicity, and probably harms new neurons trying to grow in the hippocampus. Other B-vitamins have also helped me, especially B-2 and B-6 (pyridoxamine), along with fish oil and a non-choline source of uridine (for example magnesium orotate, or triacetyluridine). Some of these will help migraines and focus along with mood. I take 500 to 1000 mg TMG a day; much more may raise cholesterol. Don't mix with acetyl-l-carnitine (and in fact, if you're depressive, I'd advise against acetyl-l-carnitine altogether, thanks to its acetylcholinergic activity). TMG raises carnitine levels itself, and has a mild choline sparing effect. SAMe, by the way, is similar but not so safe; the surge in SAMe levels will create a surge in homocysteine. I tried combining the two, hoping TMG would recycle the homocysteine back SAMe, but I've found TMG on its own most stabilizing and effective.

Very effective!

Posted by Reviewer1870531 From Japan on Jan 17, 2009

Besides Methyl-B12 and SAM-e, this is the next best thing for helping me function as a normal person.