It's WOW all over again

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Jan 17, 2007

My first 48 hours with TMG have been real eye-openers. This is doing more of what methylb12 and SAM-E in the sense of a literal visual brightening, mood brightening, and a certain kind of energy increase, both did previously. On a very preliminary survey of the usual 5, it's a very positive response so far of 3 of 3 who have tried it. While the magitude of increase is below that of my initial methylb12 doses, it is larger than that of the SAM-e. This is the first brand I've tried so I have no idea if there are brand differences as with some products.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1790651 on Sep 18, 2009

This, along with L-Methionine (to make Sam-e), has really changed my life. I wouldn't have said I was depressed before, but now I am so much more optimistic and cheerful. My husband is on the same regimen (we each take one of each in the morning) and has has the same change. We ran out for a couple of days last week and both noticed a pretty dramatic difference. I won't be without this one again, and I honestly think everyone should try it.

Best I have tried

Posted by Reviewer3257717 on May 16, 2008

I have tried a three other brands and this is absolutely the most potent and effective. Very important for the choline system. Also Like that the tablets do not absorb moisture from the atmosphere and get puffy and crumbly like some of the other brands. Update: 5/08 the tablets are no longer coated and now become puffy and crumble when exposed to air. Too bad because I loved this brand.

a smart antidepressant nutritional core

Posted by Reviewer2795053 on Apr 10, 2009

TMG is a godsend. When I went off antidepressants rather suddenly and was fishing around for something to stop panic attacks and intense bad moods, TMG was the first consistent improvement. Four years later, it is still an indispensable part of my regimen. Perhaps its most important effect is recycling homocysteine into SAMe, which has antidepressant effects. Unchecked homocysteine sensitizes neurons to glutamate toxicity, and probably harms new neurons trying to grow in the hippocampus. Other B-vitamins have also helped me, especially B-2 and B-6 (pyridoxamine), along with fish oil and a non-choline source of uridine (for example magnesium orotate, or triacetyluridine). Some of these will help migraines and focus along with mood. I take 500 to 1000 mg TMG a day; much more may raise cholesterol. Don't mix with acetyl-l-carnitine (and in fact, if you're depressive, I'd advise against acetyl-l-carnitine altogether, thanks to its acetylcholinergic activity). TMG raises carnitine levels itself, and has a mild choline sparing effect. SAMe, by the way, is similar but not so safe; the surge in SAMe levels will create a surge in homocysteine. I tried combining the two, hoping TMG would recycle the homocysteine back SAMe, but I've found TMG on its own most stabilizing and effective.

Very effective!

Posted by Reviewer1870531 on Jan 17, 2009

Besides Methyl-B12 and SAM-e, this is the next best thing for helping me function as a normal person.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1408772 on May 14, 2008

Definitely helps if you have high homocysteine levels. My blurred vision improved.

Linda

Posted by Reviewer2105035 on Feb 11, 2009

This seems to make my heart beat go funny. My doctor had recommended it for methelation along with Sam-e, now I am not sure if it is messing with my armour thyroid or alone is too much for my heart.I did not have heart issue before I started using it.

Great Value!!

Posted by Reviewer3099724 on Nov 21, 2008

Two-a-day has kept my homocysteine in check.

Good Boost

Posted by Reviewer1944929 on Jan 23, 2010

Great shipping, as always. The product was effective for my depression at 2000mg. The effect was a strong energy boost, for about 4 hours. I've been taking for 1.5 weeks, at 1.5g twice daily, up till the past couple days when I upped the dose. The pills don't crumble, overall a mildly effective short-term fix for my acute depression.

Betaine

Posted by Reviewer1200777 on Dec 05, 2008

I stopped taking this due to the fact that I hate taking so many pills....my abdominal pain--actually felt like someone was slugging me in my upper right side---(and lack of appetite) came back and the doctor suggested I try taking it again; my pain went away within just a day or two and hasn't come back yet. (The GI doctor said it was Mayo Clinic protocol to take this along with the Lipitor I take for high cholesterol & I have a fatty liver). I wish this was in liquid form because I take 8 caps a day per doctor's order and that's alot of pills to swallow along with my other medication I take. But, because of the pain relief, I will continue to take the caplets as the doctor has ordered. I love iHerb.com because they are so easy to deal with regarding return response as well as product received quickly.