Jarrow Formulas, TMG Crystals, 50 g

Reviews 1-star

Instant side effects with only 1/3 scoop!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 23, 2013

This gave me a pressure headache within minutes of ingestion. I show symptoms of homocystinuria which might simply be mimicked by candida's malabsorption syndrome, the resutls are the same since I can't digest/metabolize B vitamins! Anyway, extensive research on homocystinuria led me to purchasing this item. I woke up just past 5am, a bit later than I wanted and right after breakfast started experiencing CFIDS/herxheimer symptoms. Thinking this would alleviate the fatigue, I put 1/3rd of a scoop in an empty capsule. Bad idea! I became instantly confused, with an incipient headache and just this feeling of overall malaise. Thankfully I keep charcoal caps at hand: they mop up toxins, medicines and supplements OD alike. I took 2 and within minutes experienced relief from the TMG side effects in the sense of head pressure gone, brain fog and fatigue lifted. I did a quick google on the side effects: many people at forums report the exact same thing. What a bummer! I thought this was the missing link, I guess not! Also please note: 1) There is no info provided as to whether this is the toxic synthetic TMG (now I do wonder!) or whether it's derived from natural sources. 2) Whereas shampoo bottles give detailed step by step instructions on where to apply the shampoo and what to do with it once you have hand to head, this bottle leaves us absolutely in the dark! It doesn't say whether to take on empty stomach or after a meal; it doesn't even tell us whether to drop the powder in food, tongue or how. I have empty capsules, if you do not, I don't know how palatable this is, might be bitter or sweet, don't know! On the plus side, there is a really cute tiny scoop inside this bottle. I guess 1 star for cute mini scoop! :-|

No Effect

Posted by Reviewer1408010 on Apr 25, 2010

Tried if for 2 weeks and felt no difference.