Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Clearance

Reviews 5-star

All around excellent

6 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1498701 on Nov 18, 2008

The Jarrow Formulas, Theanin 100, 100mg Capsules are of brilliant quality, outstanding value for money and puts me (day and night) in an admirable position (keeps me balanced; calm down; rest easy; cool – in one word I goanna to met my days calmly) - well as I suggested in the Title all around EXCELLENT.

Gave me energy and made me less anxious

6 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2525334 on Oct 31, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the effect of these pills, not hoping for so much at first. What I've noticed when taking them was that a (tinnitus- and/or depression-related) tiredness gave way, in a stunning manner, and I suddenly got a lot more energy (now I'm on to the Shangri la-diet, which also surprisingly has given me a lot more energy). After taking it for a wile I don't notice this effect that much, but thats probably because I normally take it on a daily basis now, and I don't get as tired as I was before, due to the use of these. I think I became a bit calmer, found myself more active and less anxious in front of people (I've had a sociophobic-like condition), more outgoing. Not sure if it has helped anything with obsession-thoughts or not. It also makes my stomach active, not seldomly forcing me to visit the loo, and I can feel a bit sick if I take too big a dose. N.B. that this (100 mg) is quite a large dose in comparison to a cup of green tea - according to Wikipedia, a cup of tea can contain 20 mg of theanine. I don't want to take exessive amounts of it, so I open the pill and drop a bit of the powder inside on a spoon, and then swallow it with water, saving the rest of the pill for later. Also N.B. that it is important to take it on an empty stomach: as I've understood it, the body doesn't take up this amino acid if it has other substances available, or something along that line. I also should say that I haven't tried any other brand of theanine.

Better Than Any Drug!

5 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1756766 on Jan 24, 2008

I usually use Jarrow's Theanine several hours before bedtime. But since It relaxes me without getting drowsy, I'll use it anytime there's the need to feel relaxed yet alert. Great product, great price.

Love it

5 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2307573 on Oct 03, 2007

I take this product twice daily at the recommendation of my naturopath and have noticed a marked decrease in my stress level and increased clarity of thought. Fantastic product.

good price

4 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2533075 on Oct 14, 2008

One cap helps me concentrate and recuce anxiety for about 6 hours.