Jarrow Formulas, Toco-Sorb, Mixed Tocotrienols and Vitamin E, 60 Softgels

bad

Posted by ZlatinVal on May 19, 2013

I will never buy again. It gives me headache and blurry vision. I'm sure that polyoxyl castor oil is toxic in this product. Very very disappointing. It also has very bad plastic smell. I want to give 0 stars

Strange symptoms

Posted by Reviewer2591577 on Oct 05, 2013

I woke up with my head feeling weird and my eyes tearing up. I have my suspicions after reading the last review. There could be a bad batch. These symptoms coincided with the time I started taking it. Either that, or it interacts negatively with something else I take. But I normally don't have any symptoms like this.

Good product

Posted by 4770913399059531616 on Oct 22, 2012

Makes your skin glow (always a indicator of good health) and speeds up healing time.

Great benefits !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

Great product! I have been using this for awhile now and have found it to be very effective. My hair is getting thicker, my muscle is getting strong and hard. The increase in mental function and drive is far better than i had hoped for. Easy to swallow and it contains no soy. I like the forms and dosages used in this product. And I also like that it comes in liquid capsule form - an innovative delivery system. I take 2 softgels per day, one in the morning and one in the evening with a meal. As we know, Vitamin E is an important nutrient factor for the body because if you are deficient in vitamin E your body and your DNA are not as protected from the free radical damage. However, Tocotrienols having the most important components of the Vitamin E family. Alpha tocopherol ( regular vitamin E ) displaces critically important gamma tocopherol in the cells. While alpha tocopherol inhibits free radical production, gamma tocopherol is required to trap and neutralize existing free radicals. Gamma tocopherol is one of the most critically important forms of vitamin E for those seeking optimal health benefits. In fact, studies show the combination of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol supplementation appears to be superior to either supplementation alone on biomarkers of oxidative stress and on inflammatory factors. Most commercial vitamin E supplements contain little, if any, gamma tocopherol. They instead rely on alpha tocopherol as the primary ingredient. However, it is gamma tocopherol ( not the alpha form ) that quenches peroxynitrite, the free radical that plays a major role in the development of age-related decline. Tocotrienols are 40 - 60 times more powerful than the inferior Alpha Tocopherol used in all vitamin E and multi-vitamin formulas. Toco-Sorb is the best and only effective Vit E I have found !

Low gamma tocopherols

Posted by Reviewer2636217 on Apr 14, 2014

I took these vitamin E pills twice a day for 11 months, then got my vitamin E levels checked. My gamma tocopherol level was below the normal range. Alpha was high normal. Even tho this product claims to contain the gamma form, it is a "proprietary blend" and doesn't state how much it contains. Either I don't absorb this vitamin or very little is in the pill or bioavailable. Life Extension has a gamma form I am going to try.