Jarrow Formulas, Vitamin D3, 2500 IU, 100 Softgels

Best Choice For Me

Posted by Reviewer1015684 on Jul 03, 2009

I found this product best for a few reasons. The size of the gel caps are very easy to swallow. My goal was to supplement with 5,000 IU per day. I found that taking two Jarrow 2,500 IU formula was cheaper than most 5,000 IU products in a single cap. I also feel it is better to supplement twice a day to keep consistent (and likely more available) levels of D3 in the body, rather than dosing 5,000 IU all at once.

Vit. D3 2500 IU By Jarrow Formulas --Very Good

Posted by Reviewer3021962 on Dec 21, 2008

This is such a necessary vitamin, it would be hard to say anything bad. Vit D3 is used by our bodies to compliment Calcium and Phosphorus absorption, I believe. Beside stifling cancer cell growth it also helps with prevention of SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder, which happens around January for people prone to depression. Stands to reason, since by January most Vit D3 is depleted from the body. I am not a nutritionist butI would surmise that including this in elderly diet regimen would help take the edge off Sundowner Syndrome also, but I have no proof. I do know that professionals are advocating higher dosages based on preliminary studies showing that 400 IU daily is not enough. This brand may be less expensive than others.

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1063977 on Aug 31, 2012

I know I need vitamin D (my levels are borderline low) but taking it caused bad anxiety. Come to find out, it isn't the vitamin D's fault, rather a deficiency in magnesium and calcium that caused my body to freak out when I added the D. Our body's need all three of those minerals to work in concert with one another, otherwise, taking one may perpetuate a deficiency in another. After I corrected the other two deficiencies, taking this vitamin D wasn't a problem!

Most Essential Supplement

Posted by Reviewer3184172 on Mar 13, 2012

I take 2,500 mg morning and evening most of the year and haven't had the flu or a cold since I started. I stopped flu shots 2 years ago with my cardiologist's blessings. I do get my blood tested. When in doubt, I take Jarrow because you can always trust it. This D3 pill is small and fresh. It's also affordable. I wouldn't switch to any other brand. Whatever you do, take this vitamin.

Vitamin D that is easily absorbed

Posted by Reviewer3234781 on Feb 01, 2010

I have a Vitamin D deficiency and find that I have a difficult time absorbing most pills. I can feel when I am not getting enough vitamin D. This formula has always worked for me.