Meh

Posted by 4780668091345892104 on Jun 10, 2014

The flavor is OK and the package was way bigger than expected. The problem is that a couple of weeks after receining it I became more health-concious about the things I usually eat and drink. This product contains fructose, which causes multiple problems and is one of the products to blame for the obesity epidemic around the world. So I wouldn't recommend it, stay away from fructose.

bland taste

Posted by Reviewer1744311 on Jun 13, 2014

It tastes very very bland. Hardly any taste at all. But it mixes ok. The protein is decent, easily digested and help my muscles recovery.

I will not choose it again

Posted by 4948141533123938961 on Dec 30, 2014

For me the taste is very average. I you need to note the concentration of the protein - the product is cheaper, and the concentration of the protein is ~2x lower, compering with other products.

Quite a disapointment...

Posted by Al-Pacino on Aug 30, 2016

As you can read from my other reviews I have used quite a bit of protein products. Most of the time I use Vegan ones (SunWarrior, NowFoods...) and some Whey ones every now and then. I wanted to try this one because I know Jarrow has a very good reputation. Also the price/gram protein ratio (see my other reviews) is quite good. Needless to say I really wanted to like it. Bottom line - I was very disapointed. Main reasons: 1. It's very very powdery and tends to fly all over, even compared to other similar vegan/vegetarian products like nowfoods 2. It is very hard to mix and actually takes quite some efforts until you get all the lumps out. 3. it's not as sweet or tasty as others even though it has on average more sugar than others! 4. It's really not as thick as Now Foods dutch chocolate and leaves you kind of wondering whether you even had something to drink at all. Stay out. There are many other better options out there.

Chemical taste and feeling

Posted by Reviewer2172628 on Jun 01, 2010

This is the first time I buy whey protein so I don't know how the other brands taste, but to me it is pure chemical powder and taste, very unnatural and unpleasant.

Weird Flavor

Posted by Reviewer2872830 on Apr 11, 2011

I thought the protein powder mixed well, but the flavor was so strange to me. Didn't really have a true chocolate taste. The best tasting chocolate I have tried is the sunwarrior protein.

Whey protein

Posted by Reviewer1884425 on Jun 16, 2011

Certainly a good product but the smell is too chemical... thus i didn't even taste the product. I prefer unflavored whey. I ordered this product because its expiration was 2012 (thus manufactured before Fukushima).

Contains fructose