Jarrow Formulas, Yaeyama Chlorella, 35.3 oz (1 kg) Powder

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Chlorella is one of the most nutritive foods. It contains all vitamins, minerals (even trace minerals), amino acids requires by man. It has the highest chlorophyll concentration in any plant which contributes to its amazing detoxing power. The chlorophyll is negative charged and allows it to bind to positive charged heavy metal or chemicals to be pas sed out of the body. This negative charge is quite obvious and you can see the chlorella ‘sticking’ to the spoon like metals sticking to a magnet. Chlorella can also help to alkalise the body, cleanses the blood and increase oxygen in blood, reduces high blood pres sure, increase HDL-LDL cholesterol ratio, boost the immune system, relieve digestive problems, increase energy level, anti cancer, stabilise blood sugar level, protects from cardiovascular diseases and many more! For the taste, it tastes just like seaweed. I think it’s probably due to the high iodine content. Some people might find it disgusting. Personally, I have no is sue. Sometimes, I even eat a bit of it straight! (Not too much or it will stick to your teeth or gum). This brand consists of broken wall cell so the nutrients can be easily absorbed. As chlorella is very detoxing, this is best to start small and slowly increases the dosage to avoid the harsh detoxification effects. I take about 1-2 teaspoon daily. More teaspoons tend to give me loose stool. It is best taken with spirulina since both are unique in their own ways. It is highly recommended to have done a proper colon detox prior to avoid auto-intoxication problem. There are some concerns whether this yaeyama chlorella is contaminated by radiation from Japan. Ishigaki Island is located quite far from Japan mainland. They are closer to Taiwan, than to Japan. I would as sume that it is safe since the company has done their own lab test report on radiation level. Pricewise, it is reasonable priced. It used to be a lot cheaper at only $41! I feel much better, have more energy and feel ‘cleaner’ after using this. When taken in sufficient amount with spirulina, it also helps to keep me hungry free for few hours and eliminate the need for carbohydrates loading. Check out my page for more reviews!

Excellent choice and extraordinary choice if u combine it with Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2605080 on Feb 05, 2010

Within 1 month of using Chlorella, my 5 years eczema disappear, my skin becomes smoother & my mental/brain exhaustion diminish rapidly . Due to some extreme circumstance, my concentration power (CoPo) or ability collapse or become extremely exhausted (up to the point that I could not even read more than 5 pages without getting stomach pain). Spirulina provide the energy for my brain while Chlorella heals at a very fast speed. For very fast healing I take between 37.5-75 gr Chlorella/day & 45-125 gr Spirulina /day. The 2 Co. that provide the best value is Jarrow Chlorella 1 kg & Spirulina Now 4 lbs.

Chlorella as chelator

Posted by Reviewer2023245 on Nov 30, 2009

I'm taking the chlorella along with cilantro tincture as part of a mercury chelation process from amalgam fillings ( I had been very sick with , mostly sinus problems for the past 5 years ), I had my metal fillings removed in march , and have been following a chelation program for the past 8 months , and am almost back to perfect health. I would like to add that the chlorella , if taken half an hour before meals , makes you feel full , so you eat less , and as it is a whole food and packed with so very many nutrients , I will probably keep taking it , even after the chelation seems complete .

Great detoxifier

Posted by Reviewer1785347 on Sep 29, 2010

I'm doing the Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt heavy metal detox protocol. I tested positive for mercury poisoning some years back and had my amalgam fillings replaced with composites. I then went through a round of DMSA chelation. I did receive much relief. However, knowing what I know now I would have chelated with something other than DMSA, or at least something in addition to it (such as ALA or RLA). The DMSA alone likely resulted in considerable redistribution of the mercury and retoxification. Dr. Klinghardt's protocol recommends 1/2 tsp chlorella 1/2 hour before meals, and then anywhere from 2 to 10 drops cilantro (whatever you can comfortably tolerate) at meal time (I'm using the Herb Pharm Cilantro). I'm finding the combination effective. The chlorella helps to make the detoxing process quite tolerable. The exception to this is if you start off taking too much cilantro. I got impatient and ramped up from 2 to 10 drops too quickly and paid the price for it.

Packed with vitamins and good stuff!

Posted by olofpersson on May 16, 2012

Absorbs and cleanses the body from heavy metals etc. Food for the friendly intestinal bacteria flora. It grows in open air bassins filled with spring water on the japanese island Ishigaki. This island is situated in the far south, closer to Taiwan then to Japan. The distance is more than 1800 km from the Fukushima and not in the direction of the radioactive clouds.