Jarrow Formulas, Zinc Balance, 100 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

Synthetic methionine

Posted by Reviewer1884425 on Aug 20, 2011

I just realized that synthetic methionine is used with OptiZinc. However, L-OptiZinc uses natural methionine, but Jarrow Formulas chose mediocrity... big mistake.

Nice formulation BUT...

Posted by Reviewer2118570 on Jan 04, 2011

I purchased this product not realizing it has Magnesium Stearate in the formulation. I am searching for another zinc & copper combination that does not have this controversial ingredient.

Usually love their products, but cant use this one

Posted by Reviewer1026258 on Sep 26, 2008

I bought this because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't zinc deficient and the other Jarrow products I use are top notch. Then I read some research that stated that the amino acid (Methionine) in this product actually acts like a fertilizer to cancer, which I am concerned that I may have. So I threw it away and bought zinc piccolinate instead.

Not vegan!

Posted by 5577581744345825879 on Jan 14, 2014

Very disappointed as this product states on the website that it is vegan (with a photo of obviously outdated packaging), yet when mine arrived it said 'Capsule consists of gelatin' on the back. I won't be using this and urge other vegans not to buy. As this was the fault of the product and website, I would like a refund. Won't be purchasing Jarrow Formulas again since this is outright false advertising.

Delivery to Canada

Posted by 4646185924538119182 on Jul 13, 2012

It's been 6 weeks and it still hasn't arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!