Limonene Softgels

Posted by Reviewer1409282 on Apr 19, 2010

After 8 years of probably destroying my stomach with prescription acid reflux medicine (insert one of the many brand names here), I tried Limonene. I'm not sure if it was the Limonene or the process of getting un-addicted to the Rx, but it has worked. The big Pharms. and their doctor friends don't tell you that those prescription drugs are for short term treatment. I strongly encourage using this product in conjuntion with a good anti-GERD diet. Besides several foods that coat your esophogus, this stuff releases orange oil that coats the esophogus. Transitioning the first few weeks are difficult, but it's worth it. I still get heartburn occasionally, but this and other foods have helped me quickly treat it. After the 2 week transition with Limonene (daily), water or milk quickly wash away mild heartburn. These methods, used in combination provide a safe, natural, an inexpensive treatment to GERD. I take the limonene once or twice a week now and have little problems.

It definitely helps

Posted by Reviewer1961754 on Jan 21, 2011

I have gastro esophageal reflux disease and I had researched many different ways to cure it and I found d-Limonene. It sounded great and it seemed like it would be a definite cure. I can't say for sure that it works perfectly, since I haven't taken the full dose (1 pill every other day for 20 days, so 10 pills). However I can say that based on what I've been eating recently, that it works so far. All of the symptoms are so much less severe than they used to be. The symptoms aren't completely gone though. Again I haven't finished the full treatment yet, so it might soon. I would certainly recommend this product for anyone looking for relief. It's important to know that this helps acid reflux because it coats your throat and protects it from the stomach acid that refluxes up from your stomach. It is still citrus. It will hurt your stomach if it's really sensitive. You may feel as if the symptoms are worse initially. Make sure you still take any antacids or medicine you take for acid reflux before you take this pill. Take a little more than usual if you're really concerned. Personally none of my symptoms worsened after taking this, but it could happen. After taking it, I burped a little more and it felt like there was an orange taste in my mouth. It even felt every time that I breathed in through my nose that I smelled oranges. That's normal. I love oranges, so I really enjoyed the taste and it's no cause for concern if you feel any of those symptoms. It's working fine. I recommend progressive muscle relaxation in addition to this if you want to truly get rid of any recurring acid reflux. This will eventually wear off (from the sounds of it, about six months). Progressive muscle relaxation will strengthen the lower esophageal sphincter and thus prevent stomach acid from reaching the esophagus much better than before. I gave this four stars, because it doesn't actually get rid of the problem all the way and you would eventually have to take it again. Additionally I don't know if it gets rid of all the symptoms, because I'm not quite done with the treatment yet. It certainly does work well. I would be feeling so much worse right now based on what I've been eating this week than I am right now. I am only experiencing very minor symptoms. Make sure you take this treatment right and follow the instructions on the bottle and you should definitely feel results.

Jarrow Formulas d-limonene

Posted by Reviewer3306156 on Mar 28, 2009

This product is effective for GERD. It takes about 7-10 days to work 100% but you do experience relief before that time.

Good results

Posted by Reviewer1689707 on Aug 10, 2009

Two people used the product. One had very good results but had to take 3 a day. The second had good results but the orange flavor came up a little bit too much.

wonderful product

Posted by Reviewer2339962 on Sep 02, 2009

I have GERD and did not want to take prescription meds. This helped me a great deal in avoiding symptoms of acid reflux!

d-Limonene 1000 mg

Posted by 4863386414593569155 on Apr 17, 2014

My initial skepticism is giving way to belief. The first pill provided rapid relief from reflux discomfort but the every other day regime was not adequate. Now, after about two weeks of one pill everyday after the noon meal I am experiencing very little discomfort.

Works great, makes me drowsy (take at night)

Posted by 5437557983046411781 on Dec 11, 2015

I've been taking this for about four months for severe IBS and GERD. Wonderful results in helping the acid reflux daily, but it does make me very very drowsy. Didn't initially realize it was this pill, but as soon as I started taking them right before bed, the problem was way better!

Give it a try.

Posted by 5285329274719688448 on Apr 07, 2016

It's a bit too early to formulate a definitive conclusion, but this product seems to aid digestion, and accelerate the transit of the food out of the stomach.

It works

Posted by 5755787397239230445 on Jun 20, 2016

It helps to feel better if i eat too much protein food.

almost as good as nexium

Posted by Reviewer2070614 on Sep 19, 2009

i needed relief and this gave it to me for the most part and is inexpensive

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »