KAL, Nutritional Yeast Flakes, Unsweetened, 22 oz (624 g) (Discontinued Item)

Tasty Cheese Alternative

Posted by rabbit on Aug 22, 2012

Nutritional yeast has a nutty, cheesy flavor which is exquisite in many different recipes. I am vegan, so I use it mainly as a cheese flavor replacement. I use it to make a variety of vegan cheeses, alfredo sauce, cream of broccoli soup, au gratin potatoes, scalloped potatoes, cheesy mashed potatoes, and many other recipes. Nutritional yeast is also a great way to get a wide variety of essential vitamins through your food. After eating it, my urine is always bright yellow and I feel great. As of this writing, this brand offers the best deal for the money and tastes just as good, if not better than any other brand I've tried.

very good product

Posted by Reviewer1122681 From Norway on Apr 23, 2013

i use this more for the taste than the nutrient profile, but the taste is vey good (not bitter) and "cheesy". it comes in a big box and lasts for a long time. the best nutr.yeast i have tried :)

Fantastic product at a fantastic price!

Posted by Reviewer1570530 From Australia on Apr 06, 2012

I definitely shopped around for nutritional yeast, and this was the best price I found. I use it in cooking and have found it has a nice flavour.

Hard to eat

Posted by tinatherese From Australia on Sep 27, 2011

It is a really good vitamin b product, but I have trouble eating it, it has a strong flavour...So i have 2 biig tubs taking up all my space in the cupboard lol... But I am sprinkling some on top of the kids food and they dont sem to mind so thats a good thing!! For me, Id rather take the Vitamine B complex tablets by natural factors, easy to take and no taste:)

Nooch

Posted by Reviewer2228833 From Maine on Apr 17, 2011

I love this product. Nutritional yeast is a newly found food pleasure of mine. I sprinkle it on salads, or make sauces with it. You also cannot beat iHerb's prices! Container was not nearly as full as I thought it would be. There was also NO seal on the package. I expected it to be sealed with something, but NOTHING. Maybe this was a unique flawed contained that I as sent, not sure. Next time I'd feel better if my product WERE indeed sealed.