doesn't dissolve easiliy like NuNaturals

Posted by Reviewer1078080 on Apr 21, 2013

This is how stevia works - in large amounts its real taste is bitter, in small concentrations it tricks your taste buds and it seems 'sweet'. Every pure concentrated stevia brand will produce a bitter taste if you put too much of it or it's not dissolved well. KAL stevia has a pleasant mild taste with green grassy undertones. It's less concentrated than NuNaturals and correspondingly less probable to pass the bitter threshold - that's why people claim it has less bitter aftertaste. The major disadvantage of KAL stevia is that it does not dissolve easily in water - it lumps and just floats on the surface untill I stirr it vigorously. I prefer NuNaturals pure stevia (not the one with maltodextrin) which dissolves easily, is more concentrated, and is a better bang for your buck than KAL.

the BEST

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Nov 07, 2011

i tried all the others. NOW, stevita, the liquid stevias, the green leaf etc. This one is the very best for these reasons: its the SWEETEST of all of them, it doesnt 'grow' unto you (like the NOW foods one does : after a while of using it many times daily you can feel something is slightly off with it...) and it dissolves into liquid quite well, best of them all (except the liquid stevias, ofcourse. Overall 5 starts.

Pretty good

Posted by Reviewer1924710 on Nov 12, 2009

I like Kal's stevia - it's a better quality product than NOW's stevia, though both still have some bitterness (NOW more than Kal). As far as powdered extracts go, my favorite by far is New Roots (not the spoonable one, but the concentrate). Runner up is BioQuest.

Thanx for thinking about customers!

Posted by jasmine on May 26, 2012

KAL is really taking care of their customers. Unlike many others they put spoon in the box. Very nice of them. I bought many stevia extracts without spoons and I didn't know how to measure 1/64 of a regular spoon. Now I have this tiny measuring spoon that is very helpful. And the taste is very good too!

Pure Stevia

Posted by Reviewer2927937 on Jul 01, 2010

Love this brand and have used it for over 7 years!!! Even our guest are surprised at how wonderful my peach cobblers taste! It does not leave an after-taste. When baking with it-sometimes I sift it in to my dry ingredients. Sometimes I add the stevia to my liquid(s) and then to my recipe. It is a wonderful bargain for the money!

Sweet-tooths, now you don't need sugar anymore! ;)

Posted by iHerbalicious on Apr 16, 2012

After spending a great deal of time reading all the reviews on stevia I decided to go with KAL Pure Stevia Extract. The decison turned out to be correct; I think I found the one and I have no desire whatsoever to try any other stevia on the market. KAL Pure Stevia Extract is very concentrated. I would say that a scoop (included in a container) of KAL matches 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar. You kind of have to get a feel of dosing it and when not severely overdosed it has no detectable bitter aftertaste. It is usable in fluids and solid food since it dissolves and mixes easily. Most often I use it in my simple low calorie home prepared dessert (I mix some frozen fruit or cut fresh fruit in plain yogurt & add a bit of stevia) and hot cocoa. It tastes good in coffee as well, even though I have never been a big fan of sweetened coffee. Since it is so concentrated (there are no fillers added) it will last you a looong time. I use it daily and after a year there is still 1/5 left in the container. I HEARTILY recommend it to all of you sweet-tooths (like me) out there, who would love to cut on sugar but were never really able to because cravings were just to bad ;)

The Only Stevia I Like

Posted by Reviewer1015028 on Nov 11, 2010

I've tried many brands and formulations of stevia. The KAL Pure Stevia is the only one that has had the best flavor and no added ingredients. I think it's the best available form of stevia and the only one worth paying for.

KAL's is Truly Better Stevia!

Posted by shariwile on Jun 24, 2012

This one is so good! The tiny scoop (1/32 of a tsp) is all I need to perfectly sweeten a cup of yogurt or tea. I detect no aftertaste. I love it and I wish I could find more recipes to use it in!

a Wonderful Item ! :)

Posted by autumn on Jun 06, 2010

1 *flat* Scoop (included) = 1.5 to 2 tsp. of Sugar (!) non-bitter & easy to use with the included scoop. just be careful with the dosage - as this is an *extremely* sweet substance (e.g. : powerful enough to sweeten a whole 1.5L/50.72fl.oz bottle of beverage, using a mere 5x scoop dosage).

Belive me when I say that this is the best real Stevia product in all Iherb.

Posted by Reviewer3163185 on May 15, 2012

I received this product two weeks ago after trying several different other types of fake Stevia products (mixed with other chemical compounds). This one is the real deal. A big cup of tea with only a pinch of this Stevia and it was so sweet I could hardly drink it. No strange and strong, bitter aftertaste like my other previous products and only a fraction of the amount used before was needed to do the job properly. Finally I fund my sweetener.