EMU oil and iHerb

Posted by Reviewer2603445 on Nov 15, 2008

First, iHerb sent me my emu oil in about two minutes. I received it immediately and it was packaged quite conscientiously within a ziplock plastic bag to prevent the possible messy postal possibility. Second, the oil was insanely reasonably priced, as the Aussies insist should be the case, since it is so cheap in the homeland. Last, my skin literally soaks it up and everything they say about it is true, as far as it being OIL that turns completely "dry" within minutes of application. I don't know yet if I am ten years younger but I can certainly say it is the best moisturizer I have ever used and my skin loves it. This emu oil is NOT gross, as some folks say some of the oils are... it smells fine, is refined and smooth, and doesn't cause my skin to break out, miraculously. Too bad I'm vegan though... it is a little hard on the conscience, but just a little. :)

Very good, but not a magic elixir for me

Posted by Reviewer1998560 on Mar 07, 2009

I had some serious eczema for 2 months on my face and arm. I had tried acupuncture, and I worked with a homeopath, tried various scent-free moisturizers, but nothing really helped. Then I heard about Emu Oil. It was the best moisturizer I tried. My face especially felt relief after 2-3 days, but after a week of constant use it didn't clear the eczema. I ended up taking topical steroids which knocked it back (if you are considering steroids, remember they only treat symptoms -- keep looking for the underlying cause). Emu Oil is great, but some websites promise magic cures which didn't work for me. And when I put it on my arm, it got on my shirts which required drycleaning. Still I do highly recommend this oil. I would be willing to pay twice the price for such an effective moisturizer.

Solid product

Posted by Reviewer2787224 on Oct 02, 2009

Notice repair of skin overnight, great moisturizer!

Emu oil helps with skin irritation from shaving my beard

Posted by Reviewer1457686 on Feb 04, 2009

When I shave my beard, I experience the problem of the skin on my face getting irritated, which means I can't shave as cleanly or as often as I’d like to. I've been applying this oil 2X/day, for the past couple of weeks. While it has not totally cured the problem (I still can't shave as often as I like and I continue to apply towels dipped in water, as hot as I can bear it, before and after I shave), it has helped in that I get a cleaner shave and can shave more often now. I've tried a few different facial moisturizers but they did not have nearly the positive effect as the emu oil. Note, it is somewhat greasy and seems to take awhile to soak into your skin, but as the instructions state, a little goes a long way, so not applying too much will help address this issue. Also, I’ve noticed no offensive odor from the oil.

Wonderful for Combination Skin

Posted by Reviewer2414483 on Jun 07, 2011

Struggling with combination skin and acne on my T-Zone for months. I was skeptical about putting oil on my Tzone and causing more breakout. Not any more!!! It's actually cleared up my acne...my complexion looks wonderful...it's moisturizes and does not clog my pores. Plus once it absorbs into the skin it gives a nice radiant glow. I also notice during the day my Tzone is not as oily as it use to be. This is the best along with a glycolic night cream to keep skin acne free.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2233968 on Jun 03, 2009

Helps with the dryness. A natural product.

nice product

Posted by Reviewer3358176 on Apr 29, 2008

I've only used this product a few times but it is very moisturizing and goes right into the skin.

wonder product

Posted by Reviewer1356542 on Aug 28, 2008

emu oil is an exceptional product. i have sun damaged skin and this is one of the only product which has worked for me.

Good for the scalp

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Feb 03, 2010

Warmed and used on the scalp, either "neat" or mixed with some jojoba oil, reduces flakes and I believe it contributed to new hair growth (along with internal supplements)

love this oil

Posted by Reviewer1200172 on Feb 20, 2010

Great softener for hands and lips. I work in the hot sun all day. My lips, hands and face take a beating. Will see how it does this first summer with it's use

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »