UPDATED REVIEW - Unsuitable for regular use on face - this is on the 'Too Good To Be True' pile

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 19, 2014

While emu oil does not clog pores, it's turned out to be another product I cannot use. I've been using emu oil most days for approx 12 months going by the date I first bought some. I had to stop using it on my face after I noticed yellow skin around my eyes (something that has never happened with any other skin care product), a seemingly increasing number of reactions to other things that used to be fine, puffy face and feeling fatigued - regardless of other measures I took to resolve these (e.g. eliminating other suspected allergens). I foolishly didn't think to stop using this sooner. I didn't use much at all - refilling/reusing a small bottle and dropper from a smaller size I bought to try first, I mixed ONE drop with some water on my palms to make a very thin liquid - some lazy-at-home days I didn't use any at all. Thinking back now, it was those days I didn't use emu oil where I started to look and feel better. I currently don't use anything but water to cleanse and moisturise my face and it seems to be coping just fine - I could care less if my skin falls off, it would still be an improvement on whatever was going on while using emu oil (which thankfully has stopped). I've spent so much time and money trying to find a low-salicylate/low-phenol hypoallergenic oil I can use that I'm happy sticking with nothing for now. Remember - what goes on the skin goes straight into the bloodstream. If you start to experience unexplained headaches please STOP using this oil. NOTE: I'm going to contact the company to ask exactly what is the 'essense of vit E' they use as preservative. Refer the Cosmetic Ingredients Guide on mbm dot net dot au and ewg dot org. ORIGINAL REVIEW posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here - Makes skin smooth and soft without a greasy, heavy feeling. It also does not clog pores. This review is beginning to sound like a bad infomercial full of empty promises. However it's true. Many things that claim not to clog pores do. Many things that claim to be non-greasy end up being greasy. I have ridiculously fickle, sensitive skin and this is perhaps the only product I've tried that is true to the claims.

Hair darkening again

Posted by 4972758687629308565 on Dec 28, 2012

I'm only 25 but gray hair started growing about 3 years ago. They're all packed near a tuft toward the front so they're obvious at that. I've grown frustrated over the past years not being able to do anything about it. I'm sure this contributed to the continued growth as well. After much research, I bought some Fo-Ti (Now Food as capsules) and emu oil (this Kalaya Calandri) and started using both together. After 4 weeks of use (6 pills a day, 5 days of emu oil a week), I noticed that the existing gray hair had darkened, and some had their roots turning dark brown again (I couldn't believe my eyes at first). The non-grays got stronger, shinier, looked more "alive". Now (7 weeks I think), I have only about a dozen remaining but I'm sure they're about to go too. I couldn't be happier. The relief and feel of control over this degeneration was well worth every single Euro cent. Though I can't tell apart the efficiency of each of the two products. iHerb's service has been spectacular. Fair prices, cheap shipping fees, same day shipping, delivered to France in 20 days the first time, about 10 days the second time. Both times tightly packed.

Practical size for a helpful product

Posted by Reviewer1779982 on Nov 10, 2011

I have emu oil to be very useful for muscle strains and sprains. This dispenser is an useful way to dispense it, and the size seems to be the most economic way to buy it.

Great emu oil!

Posted by Reviewer2537387 on Feb 22, 2012

This is a very good emu oil & a really great price!This helps our aches & painstremendously!

Not so good.

Posted by 5349848801703725505 on Jan 21, 2013

I tried different brands of Emu oil and this one is not a high quality Emu oil.

very good

Posted by Reviewer1308126 on Dec 15, 2011

I have been used this product for my baby's eczma. I found it is good mixing with propolise when the condition is severe. I will keep use it.

Great for Hair and Skin.

Posted by Romero on Jan 29, 2014

This is great for hair and skin.

Heals wounds quickly!

Posted by 4977633535187816226 on Nov 04, 2013

Put the Emu Oil on a would 1 to 2 a day and you will not have scarring. This always works very well for bruises or sore muscles.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2182598 on Jul 11, 2012

Works very well. I'll be ordering this product again.

wonderful oil

Posted by Reviewer1358561 on Apr 23, 2014

this is my 2nd time purchase! works for my knees and muscle pain. it really works! also good for the dry skin. :)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »