Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Kalaya Calandri, Emu Essentials, Emu Oil, 8 fl oz

Reviews 1-star

UPDATED REVIEW - Unsuitable for regular use on face - this is on the 'Too Good To Be True' pile

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 19, 2014

While emu oil does not clog pores, it's turned out to be another product I cannot use. I've been using emu oil most days for approx 12 months going by the date I first bought some. I had to stop using it on my face after I noticed yellow skin around my eyes (something that has never happened with any other skin care product), a seemingly increasing number of reactions to other things that used to be fine, puffy face and feeling fatigued - regardless of other measures I took to resolve these (e.g. eliminating other suspected allergens). I foolishly didn't think to stop using this sooner. I didn't use much at all - refilling/reusing a small bottle and dropper from a smaller size I bought to try first, I mixed ONE drop with some water on my palms to make a very thin liquid - some lazy-at-home days I didn't use any at all. Thinking back now, it was those days I didn't use emu oil where I started to look and feel better. I currently don't use anything but water to cleanse and moisturise my face and it seems to be coping just fine - I could care less if my skin falls off, it would still be an improvement on whatever was going on while using emu oil (which thankfully has stopped). I've spent so much time and money trying to find a low-salicylate/low-phenol hypoallergenic oil I can use that I'm happy sticking with nothing for now. Remember - what goes on the skin goes straight into the bloodstream. If you start to experience unexplained headaches please STOP using this oil. NOTE: I'm going to contact the company to ask exactly what is the 'essense of vit E' they use as preservative. Refer the Cosmetic Ingredients Guide on mbm dot net dot au and ewg dot org. ORIGINAL REVIEW posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here - Makes skin smooth and soft without a greasy, heavy feeling. It also does not clog pores. This review is beginning to sound like a bad infomercial full of empty promises. However it's true. Many things that claim not to clog pores do. Many things that claim to be non-greasy end up being greasy. I have ridiculously fickle, sensitive skin and this is perhaps the only product I've tried that is true to the claims.