The Best Gluten Free Flour Blend

Posted by Reviewer2260354 on May 30, 2012

I recently needed to remove gluten from my diet and began to experiment with the various gluten free flour blends out there. I found that most of them leave a after taste that sometimes was not so pleasant. King Arthur leaves no after taste and I am able to use my regular recipes, just replacing the flour with the King Arthur gluten free blend and a teaspoon of xantham gum. It is great!

Love this flour

Posted by Reviewer2293423 on Jan 20, 2012

One of our favorite gluten free all purpose flours. Made in a dedicated facility.

good flour

Posted by Reviewer2344847 on May 24, 2013

I've tried a number of gluten free grain flour or flour blends and this has been the best I ever used. The muffin mix always makes better muffins, though since it has a lot of sugar I prefer using this MP flour. King Arthur has a number of recipes on their site for gluten free baking.

great sub. for wheat.

Posted by Fantasy on Oct 05, 2013

Great multi-purpose gluten free flour. No funky taste or what so ever. Tastes and acts as expected. =)

nice blend

Posted by juliaheis on Jan 01, 2012

good product--works well and is a nice blend

Thank You!

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Sep 14, 2014

What a joy to find that celiacs don't have to forgo their sweet treats! Made the famous Hershey Sourcream Chocolate Cake, replacing the wheat flour with this and xanthan gum - couldn't tell the difference. Made some amazing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - everybody proclaimed to be the Ultimate OCCC, and had people asking for recipes (they didn't know the OCCC were GF!!). Just made some chewy ginger oatmeal cookies with this yesterday - again, very well received by non-celiacs even. I am looking forward to more experimentation and more successes with this wonderful flour mix. You know that gritty/grainy texture of many GF baked goods? TIP: rest the dough in the fridge for 1-2 days ... no more grittiness!! The rest period is necessary for hydrating the flour starches.

best gluten free flour mix tried so far

Posted by 5337652482377838413 on Mar 11, 2014

This is the best ready-mixed gluten free flour I've tried - used in batter for fish (British style fried fish & chips), coating for fish or meat, cakes and muffins.

Best gluten free multi-purpose flour

Posted by 4856473230399988652 on Feb 12, 2014

This is the best gluten free multi-purpose flour I have found. I tried the recipe for morning glory muffins on the King Arthur website and they are great - moist and taste like a regular (one with gluten) muffin. I used applesauce instead of oil so they are healthier. Hope to try one of their bread recipes soon.

Have'nt tried yet.

Posted by unniinnu on Feb 28, 2014

Have'nt tried yet.

King Arthur Flour, Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour is GREAT for Gluten Free Baking!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015

Since I am on a gluten free diet I appreciate that this item is from a Dedicated Gluten-Free Manufacturing Facility. This product is Wheat Free, Soy Free and Nut Free too. It is ideal for gluten-free baking.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »