Kudos to King Arthur

Posted by NBPT100 on Nov 22, 2013

This is one of the best store bought gluten free baking mixes I have ever used. The pancakes came out great. I made them with unsweeted and unflavored almond milk, range free eggs and olive oil. I cooked them with raw organic coconut oil. Add some banana or blue berries and you will have a treat and still be gluten free. Folks, use real maple syrup and not the fake stuff with high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors. If you liked this review kindly indicate that by clicking on the YES button. Also, you can read more value added reviews by visiting my home page by clicking on my handle name above. Peace and good health.

best gluten-free pancakes ever! easy non-dairy tips below

Posted by IHeartIHerb on Dec 15, 2013

these are so delicious and so easy to make! just make sure you have eggs, butter (i used coconut oil), and milk on hand. as light and fluffy as regular wheat pancakes -- zero loss of flavor or texture or taste. i will never miss regular pancakes again! my only complaint is that the box is small - the bag/box is only half full and one box made about 6 large pancakes. my partner and i finished one box easily over breakfast. so if you have a big family or make 'cakes often, i recommend stocking up on this. i'm definitely ordering more and am going to experiment with blueberries and also crepes. update: today i tweaked the recipe by substituting 3/4 cup coconut milk for 1 cup regular milk and cutting the flour mix by substituting 1/8 cup of this mix with 1/8C of coconut flour. since canned coconut milk contains the cream as well as the oil, i eliminated the oil/butter that the instructions on the box require. these are approximate measurements so if you're reading this, please experiment and don't follow mine to the letter. the results were a teensy bit denser than when made with the traditional ingredients for the recipe on the box. hardly noticeable difference though. they were absolutely fabulous! no one had any idea that there was no milk and butter in the recipe - absolutely heart-healthy and perfect for vegans or people with dairy allergies. even if you're neither you will still love this non-dairy version.

Wonderful Pancakes

Posted by Reviewer2260354 on May 30, 2012

These pancakes taste just like the regular pancakes I was making before I went gluten free.

Lovely

Posted by Reviewer2454109 on Mar 14, 2013

It has a lovely maple syrup flavor..so it works well even if you don't have any of the real stuff at home.. Makes great pancakes with or without eggs.

Great one

Posted by Reviewer2836504 on Jun 05, 2012

it's very good, and delicious as well and it gives no allergy for my son.

King Arthur Gluten Free Pancake Mix

Posted by Reviewer1561492 on Jul 04, 2011

This is a great product. My husband, who is not gluten sensitive, says it's better than Hungry Jack. I have reordered this product.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3325554 on Dec 17, 2012

My kids loved it but they were kidding when they said it made fluffy pancakes...way to thick and fluffy so I had to keep adding more liquid to help it calm down a little...

Great

Posted by Reviewer2343036 on Dec 06, 2011

Great tasting mix, better than any other that we have tried.

Love it

Posted by Iceland on Sep 05, 2013

My 4 year old son has Celiac disease and this is by far the best gluten free pancake mix we have tried. And actually the hole family likes it. Will buy this again and again.

Delicious but chewy

Posted by shopzilla on Nov 19, 2015

This makes really delicious pancakes that have a mild vanilla/maple/caramel kind of flavour and the aroma of popcorn. I don't really like the texture though, which is rather stretchy and chewy and reminds me of mochi. I've since discovered that a mixture of 2 parts brown rice flour and 1 part GF oat flour with banana puree and enough baking powder, makes really nice, fluffy, GF, vegan pancakes. Way cheaper than a ready mix. Yay!