10% Off Orders Over $40!

Kiss My Face, Pure Olive Oil Soap, Fragrance Free, 8 oz (230 g)

Good but different

Posted by Reviewer3267268 on Jan 07, 2009

I bought this because it was recommended my Dr. Oz in his book You Being Beautiful where natural product alternatives are discussed. The bar is very large and seems like it will be long lasting. It doesn't make mountains of lather which I imagine is good because it doesn't have extra chemicals to create that experience. Also it's non-drying and leaves a moisturizing coating of natural oil.

Gentle but awful smelling

Posted by Reviewer2998116 on Apr 18, 2008

I bought this soap for my 7 year old who has eczema. It is very gentle- no skin irritation. The scent is awful though - very heavy cheap olive oil smell. But the smell fades after a while. Its an economical choice if you require a soap for very sensitive skin.

Slimy soap that stings the eyes

Posted by 5672849314076699764 on May 16, 2012

This product is a disaster. It constantly melts, with green bits coming off it, so after a while the outside of the soap bar resembles green slime. Even worse: if your fingers have even only a trace of the soap on them and you touch anywhere near your eyes, the stinging that results is so intense that you can hardly open your eyes until you have wiped your eyes clean.

Quanity Does Not Equate to Quality

Posted by 5337209066560447110 on Mar 04, 2014

I read the reviews and decided to give this soap a try. I used it as a bath soap and not a facial soap. 1st) I found it not to lather up very well. I thought, that maybe that was due to it being pure oilve oil, and so wouldn't have a high lather. 2nd) I did not feel or notice any moisturizing results at all. 3rd) I ended up with a rash and dry itchy skin that I can attribute only to using this soap. I had no relief until I went back to using my previous soap (Nubian Hertiage), that I have used for years. I could tell the difference instantly after going back to Nubian Hertiage. I have used many of the different types of Nubian Hertiage soaps and have always had good results from them. They lather more than ANY soap I've ever used and smell wonderful (although, some may be a little too perfumy for some people). I will NEVER use this soap again as a bath soap (and wouldn't consider using it as a facial soap). I seriously doubt that I will ever try any other product from this line. The bar of soap is enormous, but as I stated in my title line: quanity does not equate to quality. After using it (for far too long) I still have left what would be considered the size of a regular bar of soap from any other soap line. I hate waste, so I will sat it out as a hand-soap (the only thing I can see using it as, then apply hand lotion immediately afterwards), but not sure how well that will even work since it doesn't lather very well.

kiss my face