Great Store Cupboard Standby

Posted by Reviewer1660369 on Aug 31, 2012

I now keep three or four of these Chicken Curry Pastes in the store cupboard for when I can't be bothered to cook a curry from scratch. I've adapted the directions though and soften an onion first, then brown the meat, (it works just as well with lamb or beef as well as chicken) add the paste and fry for a minute or two then add the liquid. I've used water but have also found that it's even better with tinned tomatoes or natural yoghurt. I did try coconut milk but that made it incredibly rich. If there are any mushrooms or other veg you like these can be popped in with the liquid. Obviously, lamb or beef will take longer to cook than chicken and I prefer to cook them in the oven. My husband, who is a bigger curryholic than I, gives these pastes a mega thumbs up. They have been life-savers in the curry wilderness of France!!

Delicious

Posted by 4741583743133612229 on Mar 18, 2015

Yummy, authentic flavours of India. This isn't just for chicken; you can use it for any tomato-based curry recipe, including spinach.

A nice pasta

Posted by Deniela on May 28, 2012

A nice pasta! With it, the dish turns out interesting! Especially for lovers of Karri!

Delicious

Posted by NaturalMystics on Aug 01, 2012

When I opened the package I was skeptical but this was just the right amount of paste. Even my leftovers were delicious!

Really tasty!

Posted by Reviewer1745273 on Jan 12, 2013

I didn't follow the recipe instructions on the box. I added a large can of diced tomatoes with the juice and about 4 cups of chopped veggies and simmered until veggies were tender. Served over hot basmati rice. Delish!

LOVE IT'S VEGAN

Posted by satokovann on May 14, 2016

IT'S VEGAN ITSELF, SO I PUT TON OF VEGGIE AND ENJOY AS VEGGIE CURRY FOR MYSELF OR PUT CHICKEN, BUTTER, AND GINGER FOR MY FAMILY MEMBERS.

very good

Posted by happydays on Jan 15, 2013

Great currypaste,easy to use.

Delicious, authentic taste!

Posted by lovelyBunny on Oct 24, 2013

Very good

Great Taste

Posted by 5471593555204295832 on Apr 18, 2013

Just used it tonight. Excellent flavour. Great for a marinade to roast chicken or use it has a curry.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2774490 on May 05, 2013

The paste is very flavourful and delicious. Don't waste your time on the pre-packaged whole curries. Even from Kithcens of India, they are not very good. Have made this with chicken and also with paneer and cauliflower. As close as you can get to restuarant quality curry at home!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »