10% Off Orders Over $40!

Kombucha 2000, Fermented Tea, Elixir Tonic, Strawberry Brew, 12 fl oz (355 ml) (Ice) (Discontinued Item)

Too sweet, too many side effects

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jul 01, 2013

The bottle arrived very well packaged with cold packs. It's all right but this is a bit too sweet for my taste when compared to the original kombucha brand I get at the supermarket with flavors but zero added sugars. I doubt this is much of any "rejuvenator" considering how sugars cause glycation. Because of my health issues, the detox factor is way too strong for me, I get too many side effects from just a couple sips. This might not be the case for someone with a healthy gut and strong immune system. As I'm doing detox with other supplements which is more gentle, I guess this was a bit much for me. I may repurchase at a later time when my system is less toxic and more cleansed. Also it would be important to know if all the supplements mentioned that this item supposedly contains are added or whether naturally occurring. It's a bit strange not knowing exactly what I'm drinking here. My gut feeling, no pun intended, is that this is not as healthy as the standard health food store brand which luckily has made mainstream and is now carried everywhere.