Life Enhancement, Potassium Basics, 240 Capsules

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Five stars for an excellent potassium supplement

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Apr 24, 2013

I consider this potassium a must have. I can really feel the benefits of this product helping to balance electrolytes, more so than potassium gluconate or potassium chloride, neither of which were as beneficial (for me). Definitely best to take with meals as per label, as any form of supplemental potassium can upset the stomach. Minimal fillers.

A Wonderful Alkaliser and Potassium Booster

Posted by Reviewer2950301 on Sep 08, 2011

Bicarbonates have a role for those who want to reduce the acidity in the body, and some people have used sodium bicarbonate for exactly that purpose including myself. However most people already have a high sodium intake and a low potassium intake. Therefore this product is a much better option for the majority of people as its increases our potassium intake which is great. I do find this supplement gives me a slight belly ache if I take the recommended 2 capsules with a glass of water. However, if I stir the contents of the 2 capsules into a glass of water first to dissolve it, I do not get a belly ache, so I would recommend that approach. I am delighted that iHerb carries this supplement because it provides the benefits of two important supplements which are bicarbonate and potassium.

hard on the stomach

Posted by Reviewer3036019 on Jul 02, 2012

This is one of the few high dosage potassium products available, but I have had difficulty tolerating it. Taken on an empty stomach it causes very uncomfortable cramping. However, even when taken with food it causes a lot of gas, presumably due to the bicarbonate. I've switched to Now's Potassium Gluconate Powder product which I am able to tolerate quite well.

good potassium supplement

Posted by Reviewer2147901 on Nov 09, 2011

This is one of the best potassium supplement around. And iherb has the best prices!

very potent potassium supplement

Posted by Reviewer2533075 on May 01, 2012

If I eat out and its a pretty high sodium meal, I take a couple of these capsules to balance my sodium/ potassium ratio and keeps the body in balance

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »