10% Off Orders Over $40!

Life Extension, Super R-Lipoic Acid, 240 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

superior form of alpha-lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer2080444 on Jan 13, 2010

i don't tolerate other forms of this supplement, but when i came to LEF's new formulation, it just worked. much better bioavailability.

Tinnitus - Ageing - Energy

Posted by Reviewer1454935 on Sep 22, 2010

This product keeps me moving, helps my skin, disposition and tinnitus' should I skip my regimen it down plays my energy level and my tinnitus peaks. Have not experienced any adverse side effects. Highly recommended to anyone trying to improve his or her quality of health.

TOTALLY OFF METFORMIN

Posted by Reviewer3324718 on Apr 28, 2012

I was taking 3 Metformins (750mg each-extended release) tablets in AM. I am totally off the diabetic meds and doing GREAT!! BUT I don't eat sugar and I watch what I eat. I've cut out sugar, white flour, and white salt and eating healthy. (I do treat myself with a few squares of New Tree dark Chocolate bar with flaxseeds occasionally.) I don't eat a piece of cake only a bite. So stop the sugar and start taking the R form of Lipoic Acid. I weaned myself off. Dropped one Metformin every 2-4 weeks and took one Super R-Lipoic Acid an 1-2 hours apart (don't know if that's necessary but I don't like to mix meds & herbs). I took one Super R 1 hr before food with glass of water in AM then Metformin later. Blood sugars are always good and MUCH better when I exercise that day (I exercise in AM). I was on diabetic meds for 8-9 years.

Pricey but important

Posted by Reviewer1915264 on Feb 04, 2009

I use these for insulin resistance and am glad to find the higher dose per cap.

Diabetes

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Jan 31, 2009

When I took this product I noticed an immediate fall in blood sugar levels and I could reduce my insulin by half. But after a while I made the mistake to switch to an alpha lipoic acid without the "R" just because it was less costly and I have so many other products to buy every month. I did not understand why my blood sugar began to rise again after changing to "ala" without the "R". Now I understand, after having read many articles on the subject, that the only biologically active form is "R-alpha lipoic acid." If you are a diabetic I recommend you never go for the cheaper products. Although the "R" forms are a bit more expensive they do have a biological activity the other ala products have not, at least when it comes to blood sugar control.