Life Extension, Super R-Lipoic Acid, 240 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

superior form of alpha-lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer2080444 on Jan 13, 2010

i don't tolerate other forms of this supplement, but when i came to LEF's new formulation, it just worked. much better bioavailability.

Tinnitus - Ageing - Energy

Posted by Reviewer1454935 on Sep 22, 2010

This product keeps me moving, helps my skin, disposition and tinnitus' should I skip my regimen it down plays my energy level and my tinnitus peaks. Have not experienced any adverse side effects. Highly recommended to anyone trying to improve his or her quality of health.

Pricey but important

Posted by Reviewer1915264 on Feb 04, 2009

I use these for insulin resistance and am glad to find the higher dose per cap.

Diabetes

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Jan 31, 2009

When I took this product I noticed an immediate fall in blood sugar levels and I could reduce my insulin by half. But after a while I made the mistake to switch to an alpha lipoic acid without the "R" just because it was less costly and I have so many other products to buy every month. I did not understand why my blood sugar began to rise again after changing to "ala" without the "R". Now I understand, after having read many articles on the subject, that the only biologically active form is "R-alpha lipoic acid." If you are a diabetic I recommend you never go for the cheaper products. Although the "R" forms are a bit more expensive they do have a biological activity the other ala products have not, at least when it comes to blood sugar control.

R-Lipoic works with Vitamins

Posted by Reviewer1400953 on Jan 20, 2010

I take R-Lipoic Acid with to help Vitamin C,Vit E, Glutathione and CoQ10 extend their metobolic lifespans. It is certainly one of the top vitamins that is easy on the budget and a top anti-oxidant. I like R-Lipoic over the Alpha Lipoic. T trust Life Extension's vitamins as they research behind them.