Low Vit. D3 level

Posted by Reviewer1897219 on Apr 22, 2009

Mu Vit. D3 level was below 20 and now is about 80 with these capsules.

Efficiency of this Vit D3 Brand

Posted by Reviewer2524794 on Jan 06, 2010

The VIt D3 brands I had been taking so far did not raise my D3 level at all and caused me some undesirable side effects. Only this Life Extension brand has worked and over a year my levels went up from 0.19 to 0.71 which is nearly the right level of D3

Really helps with SAD

Posted by newday on May 14, 2010

I started taking vitamin D3 from Wellness Pharmacy in AL. Very High quality pharmaceutical grade product. Price was OK but shipping wasn't so I tried 2 others include Dr. Weil's. Did nothing. I know Life Extension is a good company so I tried this and it works as well as the pharmaceutical quality D3. Warn people. Not all D's are alike. My levels went from way below normal to 47 over a period a year, starting with 1000 mg and ending with 5000mg a day. I don't take 5000 mg every day in sunny weather -only in winter. I feel squirrely if I take too much. But I've had Seasonal Affective Disorder at a crippling level for years and have had 2 reasonabily good winters since takeing Vitamin D. I also had calcium absorbtion problems we're monitoring now to see if D deficiency caused them. Get your D3 levels drawn. Women over 50 need this most. Colon cancer and breast cancer are affected and the D they add to milk does nothing.

D's Impact on Calcium Absorbtion

Posted by Reviewer1120097 on May 08, 2010

I had been asked by my doc to increase my vitamin D to enable my calcium abosrbtion. My vitamin D count went down when I added the D. When I spoke to the doc, she said sometimes some formulations don't always work in an individual. I changed to this brand, and bingo, my count went right to the normal range.

SJH

Posted by Reviewer1435441 on Nov 15, 2008

Good - this is one of the few companies supplying high dose Vitamin D

Very Good!

Posted by Reviewer1660849 on May 04, 2009

I take 5,000 IU's. During flu season I double the dose. One day I realized I could get down on my hands and knees and pick stuff up off the floor. Wow!! I haven't been able to do that in ages. Taking D 3 makes a big difference in several areas of health...!

Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1324603 on Feb 15, 2010

This could be the gold for the public. Doctors are finally testing for D3 and finding most people are low to very low. Very low was my case and took 50,000iu/week. Made a lot of difference in my health.

Life Extension, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 60 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer1396164 on Jan 03, 2010

easier to digest then other brands if you had your gall bladder removed

Life Extension, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 60 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2533836 on Apr 18, 2009

It's too soon to tell as I started a whole new program. What I can tell you is the price is good, the service is great and with all the new products I am taking, I am starting to feel great. Thank you iHerb.com

Life Extension Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2535512 on Feb 25, 2010

This product seems very effective. I've noticed shifts in mood, skin tone - I'm rosier, glowier - and also I seem to sunburn less. Life Extension is the same brand my GP prescribed me with. The only thing is - I was prescribed a mix of 5,000 IU of Vitamin D + sea iodine. This combination seems to be available on iherb in the 1,000 IU formula but not 5,000 IU.