Good results

Posted by healthyu on Sep 15, 2011

I can see small improvements in my skin tone after using this product. I am impressed that it contains 1% Retinol A. My criticism is in the packaging. the product is too easily exposed to the light and air, and will get contaminated with skin and finders touching the cream.

May cause outbreak

Posted by Reviewer1095723 on Jul 28, 2012

This cream causes peeling, so you really have to follow the instructions on the box which say to start from a frequency of twice week. I was too zealous and used it everyday, thinking that my skin should have been conditioned by reviva's 5 % glycolic acid cream and by my monthly 35 % glycolic acid peels. My skin was definitely brighter after using the retinol a but the cream was quite greasy and i suffered a minor outbreak. My chin started peeling badly and when i used the glycolic peel, i suffered from major stinging and redness, something i've never experienced before. Am going to alternate between the glycolic acid cream and retin a cream and stop the retin a for a week before i do the glycolic peel.

so far so good

Posted by 4976676051676200367 on Dec 14, 2015

I've been using skin doctors gamma Hydroxy forte for about two years now and decided to up my dosage of retinol. After a couple of weeks of usage, this seems like a great product, especially given the low price. Just a tip to users; although I avoid my eye area, I found that when I applied my under-eye cream, there was obviously enough residual product left on my fingers that I ended up with stinging red rings around my eyes- I now wash my hands straight after applying it. The only reason I deducted a star was firstly because I don't like the packaging (an airless pump would be more appropriate for a product like retinol) And secondly because on receiving it, the product was VERY warm (it had obviously been sitting in the back of the postal truck all day long). I know this isn't explicitly iHerbs fault, but ultimately they are an online retailer and it's their responsibility to make sure products arrive with the same integrity as they left.

Great product!

Posted by 4673347389527156271 on Sep 07, 2016

Only con is that it's in a jar packaging, otherwise it would have 5 stars.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2051712 on May 31, 2012

I won't use this more than once a week on my skin because it peels off the skin -especially around the mouth area. So I was concerned too much peeling of skin may by itself cause wrinkles by exposing the lower layer to the UV light.

Life Flo Health retinol

Posted by 4892230936550273753 on Jul 25, 2012

Amazing product does what it says it will do,just had to be more careful about not overdoing it ,using every oter day instead of everyday because it can dry skin too much.

Gentle peeling

Posted by Reviewer1037064 on Jul 01, 2011

cool stuff

Great value for the price

Posted by 4714021972443271409 on Jun 22, 2015

(Me: 28, with very fair, oily, acne-prone skin with discoloration due to acne scarring. ) I was skeptical about how many great reviews this cream had, but I figured it was pretty cheap compared to similar products, so why not try it? I'm so glad I did! I've been using it for a month now and my skin looks so fresh. I was surprised at the effect this has had on my acne. I always, without fail, get some pimples during my period, but they just couldn't stand up to this cream. My discolored skin is also fading faster than usual. If you're going to try it, don't jump in too fast. I don't have very sensitive skin, but this stuff is STRONG. I've used some rough products in my acne battles, but using this two nights in a row right off the bat made me look like I had a bad sunburn! So heed what the packaging says. I give it 4 stars only because I haven't seen any improvement of fine lines. I've read it takes around 6 months for non-prescription retinol to have any effect on lines, so I'll just have to wait and see.

very potent

Posted by 4703299661490179785 on Jul 19, 2015

This is really very potent, I will apply it twice a weeka nd use glycolic acid from reviva labs 10 procent the other days and still peel a little bit. I had a rash a couple of times when i only left 1 day between reapplying so you should be really careful with building up the use. I transferred mine to a refillable airtight pump bacause a jar is never a good idea for creams, thats my only complaint

sushil