Better than my prescribed cream!

Posted by Reviewer1668058 on Jun 04, 2011

I've been using a retinol cream prescribed by my dermatogist for several years. I didn't really like it cos it's really greasy but have no alternative. Then I saw this on iherb, used it and find it much much cheaper much much potent and definitely not oily. It's only abt 2 weeks but I'm already ordering it again even though it will last a long time. I use episilk instant facelift serum also ordered from iherb (really really good serum, quite scared it will be discontinued) in the morning with a microcurrent machine and at night I use this cream. For 2 weeks everywhere I go pp say I look radiant and glowy. People are surprised to find out my real age as they thought I look at least 10 years younger! I suppose that's why I'm stocking up this cream and the serum.

Amazing stuff!

Posted by 4964249409941395052 on Nov 23, 2013

I don't usually bother to do these reviews, but now I felt I have an obligation to inform all about the results of this retinol cream. It's amazing stuff! I started using it very carefully, only twice a week and with very, very small amounts. After two weeks i used it in every other night and when I noticed my skin tolerates the cream, I have used this cream almost every night. After 6 weeks (don't wait for instant results) my skin is bright and looks really healthy and glowing, and I have noticed that especially the wrinkles on my forehead has almost disappeared. Retinol does work! I'm 37 years old but my skin was quite young looking at the first place, so I don't know does this cream do real wonders but for me it's perfect! AND HERE IS A GOOD TIP to everyone who's skin gets irritated after using this cream: after washing your face, use a comforting toner. While skin is still damp, put one drop of argan oil (I guess other facial oils work just as well), I use Acure organics. Facial oil works like a trojan horse, it delivers retinol deeper into skin. Wait that the oil absorbs to your skin and then add retinol cream. If skin feels dry, put your usual moisturizer (I use very thick organic Madara's Pihlaja daily defence cream, I suppose it's not in IHerb's selection, sob...)This facial oil -trick is very good especially for under eye area! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: use just a tiny amount and don't rush, result a good if you let your skin to get used to it and remember that tingling feeling and a little redness is part of the process!

From Sweden

Posted by Reviewer2515732 on Feb 08, 2012

Ladies,this is one of the best,non prescription retinoid cream that i have ever get the chance to use.I have not sensitive skin but i got irritated cause i was using it every night.For optimal results and for minimal peeling you should use it every other night or even less often and it even works perfectly for spot treatment.It has cleared up my spots,some post acne pigment and even wrinkles and scars.My skin feels rejuvenated and glowing.I was such a sufferer of skin problems and now i feel safe and self confident.These and vitex have changed my spirit.Thanks Iherb that you exist.

Hot stuff

Posted by ClaraAndHerman on May 26, 2012

This cream is really strong, so be careful when you start use it. Or else you will look like you had a severe sunburn. I did... but when skin was normal again, it looks fresh and with an even tone. I use it every other night and it make my skin feel moist and look young. It also make my pimples go away. I also use it on my back, to remove pimples and to even out scin tone there as well. And I use it on my feet to get babysoft skin. I apply cream and put plastic around my feet, sleep with it and in the morning I have nice feet. Also my hands get this treatment. And I use it on my chest. This is the best skintreatment to the prize.

Not for the Retinol Noob

Posted by 4881191105583331117 on Oct 15, 2013

This is real retinol A cream. This is not the cream for newbie tretinoin or Retin-a users... This is for advanced users who respect and understands what retinol can do. This is the cream for those who know when to stop using and let the skin rest and heal and when to start the regime again. With careful use, you will see very very very visible results. NOT FOR PREGNANT LADIES or ThOSE INTENDING TO GET PREGNANT!

Patience for healthy skin

Posted by 5286101383051821266 on Mar 15, 2013

I have been using this product for 2 1/2 mo. It has done what I was expecting and hoping for: much better skin tone that has left my skin vibrant and younger looking, helped with discolored spots from age and sun, and overall, I see much healthier skin. I've actually stopped using foundation!!! One of my friends has also noticed this as well. For those considering using it, yes, it is strong and takes PATIENCE!. I had to start slow (every couple days) and build up to using it every day. If you're looking for a fast fix, right now, it won't happen. It takes time to get imperfections and it takes time to improve. So, yes, you must have patience to see results. Hope this is helpful

Boomers will like this..

Posted by Reviewer1873811 on Dec 10, 2013

I have sensitive skin and got this cream on a whim, liked the price and was looking for a moisturizer for the cold Winters here in Canada, figured the 1% would be negligible but hoped it might help with some minor wrinkles.... Wasn't expecting much given I have a drawer full of "miracle creams" half used...I started using it every 2nd night as per other users and only lightly, over a period of about 3 weeks I found in the morning my skin looked rosy, the age spots started fading..and my skin texture simply felt different...Nice. Be cautious though, I used it one night like a regular moisturizer putting to much on and felt like I had a burn for about 3 days, use lightly......I have never ever written a review on a cream in my life due to most of them being overpriced and under delivered....I am 62 years old and this is simply fantastic, both for quality and price, if you are a baby boomer you will love it...... going to be a staple from here on in for me.....On another note, as a Canadian shopper IHERB's prices, quality and delivery are seriously the best..Thanks IHERB !!

Good results

Posted by healthyu on Sep 15, 2011

I can see small improvements in my skin tone after using this product. I am impressed that it contains 1% Retinol A. My criticism is in the packaging. the product is too easily exposed to the light and air, and will get contaminated with skin and finders touching the cream.

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2145806 on Aug 14, 2012

Love this cream. Very strong so I only use it on my face once or twice a week. It has cleared up my adult acne on he back of my neck and upper back by applying every night. Be warned though, it will colour the bed linen orange!

Pleasantly surprised.

Posted by Reviewer2298049 on Jan 05, 2014

I honestly wasn't expecting much from this cream due to the low price and packaging. but after four weeks of using it, I have been pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely going to continue using it as my night cream. I have oily combination forty something skin which is prone to the occasional breakout. I was worried its richness would cause me to break out, but it has cleared my skin dramatically, and faded old acne pigment scars. Overall, my skin now looks softer, even toned and refined. Fine lines have been soften, enlarged pores minimized, and the stubborn blackheads are gone. I just started using it every night now with minimal irritation. I would strongly recommend using it once every other day to start, and slowly condition your skin to the 1% retinol. It's potent and will cause irritation if not careful. A drop of Emu oil after applying the cream has really helped minimize any redness or irritation in the morning.