Is it 1%?

Posted by azarova on Sep 10, 2013

Retinol 1% is normally way stronger than that. I have my Skinceuticals 1% and its refining properties are miraculous. So, Life Flo. This is a yellow cream with quite strong but quite pleasant scent, though I can see some people not liking it. Cream is on the oilier side and does a good job moisturizing the skin. The jar is quite big so it will last for quite a while. Its refining properties are definitely not enough for me and I didn't notice any "revitalization" difference so next time will try something else. Please click "yes" if this information was helpful. See other product reviews on my personal page.

My skin requires a higher concentration

Posted by WellnessRoad on Apr 12, 2013

Recently, I have been entertaining the idea of trying a prescription retinoid for skin renewal. I use an assortment of glycolic and lactic acid OTC products but have found that I need something stronger to really penetrate and clear out my congested pores. While browsing iherb one day, I came across the Life-Flo Retinol A and was intrigued as I was unaware that you could purchase such an item OTC. I've used other products from Life-Flo and have always found that they are of excellent quality. First of all the cream is strongly scented, it has a vivid vitamin C scent which isn't horrible but could be too much for scent sensitive people. The cream itself spreads easily on the skin and only a small amount is required to cover a large area. It isn't a terribly heavy cream and absorbs well into the skin with no sticky residue but I could find it being too much for oily skinned people. At first, I only started applying this to my nose as this area on my face is fairly hardy and the other reviews note a peiod of peeling. I did not have any adverse effects on my nose, no redness or peeling and my skin felt somewhat smooth. I started using the cream on the rest of my face but found that it didn't really live up to my expectations. Firstly, I didn't experience any peeling, stinging or redness which is obviously a good thing but to me these show that the product is working, especially with a chemical exfoliant. I continued to use but found that my skin wasn't clearer, smoother or softer, instead, I think that it may have caused some congestion. I gave the cream to my mum to try and she was not overjoyed with it either. Sadly, I will not be repurchasing.

Works at renewing skin

Posted by Reviewer2810948 on Sep 08, 2012

This works very well. For people who say it flakes the skin, that's what it's suppose to do, take the old cells out, and renew skin. You need to gently exfoliate every couple of days. Also, alternate days of use with a moisturizer. It's worked on some sun damage and renewed the skin underneath and lightened some dark spots considerably. It works with sun damage to the skin, but it hasn't done much with the age spots, but I'm still applying to see if it will eventually lighten those up too.

Amazing skin smoother and spot reducer

Posted by Reviewer1406241 on Sep 13, 2012

Every other night I use the Life Flo Health Retinol A 1% Advanced Revitalization Cream (also available on iHerb)on my face, neck and hands. My skin is much smoother and sun spots are fading. Very pleased with its effectiveness.

Definitely Doing Something!

Posted by Reviewer1399339 on Aug 21, 2012

I am only able to tolerate this cream one or twice a week. I tried the every other day regime but it was too harsh on my skin and I began to feel almost a chemical burn even though I used very little. I do have sensitive skin so I would advise those with sensitive skin go slowly and don't over do it. :)

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer3192910 on Aug 29, 2011

I've been using it now for about a month, but from the first few days I noticed a difference in my skin. People tell me all the time what a beautiful complexion I have. (And I don't). It's the best product I've ever seen for acne, too. The product is amazing and you can't beat the price. Highly recommend!

Retinol is working faster than I expect ^V^

Posted by Pinkymobo on Oct 24, 2013

Since this is the only brand I can found here in iherb, i can't compare the effectiveness of this Retinol cream product over others. However, I would like to compliment this cream. I've been using this on an alternate night for 3weeks, & I could feel my skin's texture improving. Though I've read over & over agin that the effect of Retinol product shows in months of continuous usage, I can already tell that my skin is returning to my original skin tone (whiter), which has gotten much darker over my last 3-5years............my mom who uses this product together with me, even got a compliment from her friend who haven't seen her in a year about the better & whiter skin of hers! I'm happy with this cream so far, & let's see in time there will be more improvement or not! ^^

A miraculous find

Posted by 4839923227984656268 on May 23, 2015

I bought this on a whim base on the reviews and had no expectations as too many products over promise and underdeliver - besides costing quite a bit of money too. I used a pea size amount every 3 days for the first 3 times, then every other day since. By the second week I could feel my skin much smoother and softer, and now more than a month layer the penny size pigmentation on my face has lightened. Even my husband noticed it. Of course, you cannot depend on this retinol alone to make your skin brighter - you have to sleep sufficiently, drink lots of water and reduce sugar and stress too, and eat nutritious food. Whenever I overwork and feel stressed, and do not sleep or hydrate sufficiently my skin looks dull and darker, not bright. However the retinol does help a lot in rejuvenating my skin and it always feel so soft and smooth the day after application. This brand is such great value for money. A bottle will last a long time since you only use a little. What wonderful value! Beats all the products out there by the major cosmetic company. What a lovely product. Am so thankful! Every one should have access to beauty at reasonable prices. This is one of the rare "this works"!

Good

Posted by Reviewer2108042 on Sep 07, 2011

I just started using this at night. I apply it to my lines after Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Acid Cream. I'm thankful that the fine lines are noticeably less than before. I'll continue to use it. I love iHerb.

0 stars: please read about my experience before you buy this.

Posted by Reviewer1546686 on May 11, 2016

I used this cream for just two nights. I then broke out into a terrible rash. I have white bumps on my face and red splotches on my neck. I'm itchy and my skin is constantly stinging. I went to the doctor and she told me retinol is a medicine and is best prescribed by a doctor. Since many creams are only 0.05%-0.5%, I should've known 1% is too strong. I urge anyone interested in this cream to talk to a doctor first and then test a small area of skin. I'm now on oral medication and applying a cortisone cream. I'll have further treatment done this weekend. This cream has cost me over $100 in skin damage/repair. :*(