Life Flo Health, Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream, 1.7 oz (50 ml)

Patience for healthy skin

Posted by 5286101383051821266 on Mar 15, 2013

I have been using this product for 2 1/2 mo. It has done what I was expecting and hoping for: much better skin tone that has left my skin vibrant and younger looking, helped with discolored spots from age and sun, and overall, I see much healthier skin. I've actually stopped using foundation!!! One of my friends has also noticed this as well. For those considering using it, yes, it is strong and takes PATIENCE!. I had to start slow (every couple days) and build up to using it every day. If you're looking for a fast fix, right now, it won't happen. It takes time to get imperfections and it takes time to improve. So, yes, you must have patience to see results. Hope this is helpful

Not for the Retinol Noob

Posted by 4881191105583331117 on Oct 15, 2013

This is real retinol A cream. This is not the cream for newbie tretinoin or Retin-a users... This is for advanced users who respect and understands what retinol can do. This is the cream for those who know when to stop using and let the skin rest and heal and when to start the regime again. With careful use, you will see very very very visible results. NOT FOR PREGNANT LADIES or ThOSE INTENDING TO GET PREGNANT!

Definitely Doing Something!

Posted by Reviewer1399339 From Missouri on Aug 21, 2012

I am only able to tolerate this cream one or twice a week. I tried the every other day regime but it was too harsh on my skin and I began to feel almost a chemical burn even though I used very little. I do have sensitive skin so I would advise those with sensitive skin go slowly and don't over do it. :)

My skin requires a higher concentration

Posted by butteredcrumpet From Australia on Apr 12, 2013

Recently, I have been entertaining the idea of trying a prescription retinoid for skin renewal. I use an assortment of glycolic and lactic acid OTC products but have found that I need something stronger to really penetrate and clear out my congested pores. While browsing iherb one day, I came across the Life-Flo Retinol A and was intrigued as I was unaware that you could purchase such an item OTC. I've used other products from Life-Flo and have always found that they are of excellent quality. First of all the cream is strongly scented, it has a vivid vitamin C scent which isn't horrible but could be too much for scent sensitive people. The cream itself spreads easily on the skin and only a small amount is required to cover a large area. It isn't a terribly heavy cream and absorbs well into the skin with no sticky residue but I could find it being too much for oily skinned people. At first, I only started applying this to my nose as this area on my face is fairly hardy and the other reviews note a peiod of peeling. I did not have any adverse effects on my nose, no redness or peeling and my skin felt somewhat smooth. I started using the cream on the rest of my face but found that it didn't really live up to my expectations. Firstly, I didn't experience any peeling, stinging or redness which is obviously a good thing but to me these show that the product is working, especially with a chemical exfoliant. I continued to use but found that my skin wasn't clearer, smoother or softer, instead, I think that it may have caused some congestion. I gave the cream to my mum to try and she was not overjoyed with it either. Sadly, I will not be repurchasing.

Works at renewing skin

Posted by Reviewer2810948 From Oregon on Sep 08, 2012

This works very well. For people who say it flakes the skin, that's what it's suppose to do, take the old cells out, and renew skin. You need to gently exfoliate every couple of days. Also, alternate days of use with a moisturizer. It's worked on some sun damage and renewed the skin underneath and lightened some dark spots considerably. It works with sun damage to the skin, but it hasn't done much with the age spots, but I'm still applying to see if it will eventually lighten those up too.