Do NOT use ALONE!

Posted by jrloveshopping on Sep 15, 2014

This is a very very good product. If you're looking for one product that is actually truly working on wrinkle or Acne, and not so strong as A acid, then this is it. Retinol is really softer than A acid, cause less damage on skin, and may effect on all types of skins (mine is dry and bit sensitive) I only use for two weeks or so, and my skin has been perfectly glow, and smooth! But i did conquered a situation at the beginning: itchy & peeling. that was a nightmare three days! My suggestion: Do NOT use it ALONE!!!! You should use this mixed with your cream, proportion can be 1:1 or 1:2....depends on how strong or healthy your skin is. If you have sensitive skin, this 1% retinol is originally soft but could be still strong for you. So remember, always mix it with your cream, and you'll be fine. I now throw away a lot my Guerlain, Dior, Kiehl's skin care products since they are far from good to compete. I love this product, and I'm gonna purchase again. Thanks! iherb!!

WOW!

Posted by helznguyen on Apr 10, 2014

This retinol cream is the best vitamin A cream out there! Way better than the retin A cream than I got from my dermatologist. I usually use it 3 times at nighttime, then stop. A few days later, the skin peeling starts and lasts for a week. After that, I use products to speed up the healing so my skin can recover faster. My skin is always baby soft and tight afterwards because of this cream! I don't use the Life Flo Retinol A cream that often, just occasionally when I feel like my skin needs a good peel :) My mom loves it too, we both been using it for over a year now!

Life Flo Health, Retinol A

Posted by Reviewer1066838 on May 24, 2011

Love this product because it smooths the skin making it more supple. Just make sure not to apply it too close to the eyes because that can create swollen eyelids.

Hate it!

Posted by 5354324088612118969 on Jun 02, 2014

I just got this cream, have been using it for a week, and really don't like it. Not quite sure what it's supposed to be doing because at first it seemed to do absolutely nothing, actually, made me break out immediately after first use. Since it didn't seem to irritate my skin I continued to use it (which is probably more often than they said to apply it). After something like 4 days my skin started peeling all of a sudden, broke out all over, and it's burning and peeling like I'm sunburnt. I would have used as directed, but it literally felt like it did nothing, and then boom. Bottom like - it doesn't tighten, does not improve the appearance of skin (again, made me break out), literally no improvement from this cream). I would not buy it again. Update after a few months... I started using this much less frequently - about once a week, then every 3-4 days. it works good for major wrinkles like forehead frown marks. If used too often will make skin peel and break out. Caution - retinol does increase cell turnover so it will bring all pimples and such to the surface. You do have to get used to this one, and it is NOT for daily use. Changing the rating to 3 stars, it's still not that amazing, but at least not horrible as I originally thought.

Good for skin peeling

Posted by Reviewer3330428 on Mar 17, 2014

Started using this product only twice before my skin begins to peel. So I must say Retinol A 1% is quite strong. The peeling sort of gives you a new skin layer, hence stimulates collagen production, which is good. This will erase fine lines and fine wrinkles as well. When applied, you will feel a little tingling sensation, this indicates that the product is working. Don't forget to protect your new layer skin from the sun and moisturize it well. Adjust the frequency of use of Retinol A upon your skin tolerance. It has a nice citrous smell. Really like this product.

my favorite

Posted by LadyEnigma on Sep 25, 2016

***Want to find out how to save money, click "YES" and see MORE useful info by CLICKING ON MY NAME.*** I've used it 22 times, almost every day, having missed only a couple days. Last week I had to stop and stare at myself in the mirror. My skin was glowing like it hasn't since I was in my twenties. In the last year, wrinkles had started appearing rapidly around my eyes and lips. It was very alarming. Now, a few of the lines around my eyes and mouth are gone, and others are diminished. There were lines appearing over my eyebrows and those are almost invisible now. The worry line between the brows is diminished, but still visible, as are those on my forehead. My pores are looking better. I'm looking forward to a couple months of use -- remember, this is only about three week's worth. I can't believe how fast it's working. I feel so hopeful! One of the biggest surprises was my mouth. I hadn't been putting it on my lips, but some cream would overlap onto my mouth because I was using it on the wrinkles on my lip line. Well, my mouth looks plumper and softer -- like a decade and a half removed in three weeks! Another notable improvement was in some small flat warts that had begun to appear. All but two are gone. This is an amazing product and I feel grateful to have found it. I had never used a retinol cream before and was a little worried about peeling, About two weeks in, I noticed some slight peeling around the corners of my mouth and around my crow's feet. A little VERY gentle salt scrub relieves it. When I go out I use a 15 spf. My skin is fair, but olive, and tends to tan instead of burn, so someone with sun vulnerability maybe needs something more powerful. But for me, I've experienced no sun sensitivity or burns just using my normal 15 spf. So, to recap -- • Lines: it's diminishing medium-set lines, it's removing fine lines, it seems to have put the brakes on things getting worse, and the deepest lines are starting to improve just a bit. • Complexion: My skin is smooth and glowing, and the pores are a bit better. • Imperfections: Skin tags/warts are disappearing. ***Want to find out how to save money, click "YES" and see MORE useful info by CLICKING ON MY NAME.***

Posted by DenaerisTargaryen on Jul 08, 2013

I have been using this cream for about a month now. I like the consistency, the smell and the results. This product got me a light peel, and I feel my skin is much better hydrated and looks better to me. I bought this product in order to use it before I do a TCA peel, and as an effective night cream. The product should be applied according the attached instructions. Don't use it every night from the start on because it will sting your face. I also love the fact that this product is OTC and affordable.

It worked!! :D

Posted by Sitakim on Oct 16, 2013

I got this Retinol cream after watching beauty guru's video, 'gossmakeupartist'.He recommend me to use retinol to revitalize and remove the acne. I was lil bit worried because he mentioned that 1% retinol may be too strong for beginner. However, for me it worked perfectly. I used it as a night cream and when i wake up my skin become silky and acne sign is getting minimized. Basically it help to fill the thin skin layer. Plz use Sunscreen after use Retinol cream, if you use it in day time.

Price does not equal qualitiy

Posted by 5661070087488186943 on Jun 26, 2012

This cream works extememly well. Love it! I would suggest using it every other day. Have purchased others with much higher price that do not work as well if at all.

May cause outbreak

Posted by Reviewer1095723 on Jul 28, 2012

This cream causes peeling, so you really have to follow the instructions on the box which say to start from a frequency of twice week. I was too zealous and used it everyday, thinking that my skin should have been conditioned by reviva's 5 % glycolic acid cream and by my monthly 35 % glycolic acid peels. My skin was definitely brighter after using the retinol a but the cream was quite greasy and i suffered a minor outbreak. My chin started peeling badly and when i used the glycolic peel, i suffered from major stinging and redness, something i've never experienced before. Am going to alternate between the glycolic acid cream and retin a cream and stop the retin a for a week before i do the glycolic peel.