WOW!

Posted by helznguyen on Apr 10, 2014

This retinol cream is the best vitamin A cream out there! Way better than the retin A cream than I got from my dermatologist. I usually use it 3 times at nighttime, then stop. A few days later, the skin peeling starts and lasts for a week. After that, I use products to speed up the healing so my skin can recover faster. My skin is always baby soft and tight afterwards because of this cream! I don't use the Life Flo Retinol A cream that often, just occasionally when I feel like my skin needs a good peel :) My mom loves it too, we both been using it for over a year now!

Do NOT use ALONE!

Posted by jrloveshopping on Sep 15, 2014

This is a very very good product. If you're looking for one product that is actually truly working on wrinkle or Acne, and not so strong as A acid, then this is it. Retinol is really softer than A acid, cause less damage on skin, and may effect on all types of skins (mine is dry and bit sensitive) I only use for two weeks or so, and my skin has been perfectly glow, and smooth! But i did conquered a situation at the beginning: itchy & peeling. that was a nightmare three days! My suggestion: Do NOT use it ALONE!!!! You should use this mixed with your cream, proportion can be 1:1 or 1:2....depends on how strong or healthy your skin is. If you have sensitive skin, this 1% retinol is originally soft but could be still strong for you. So remember, always mix it with your cream, and you'll be fine. I now throw away a lot my Guerlain, Dior, Kiehl's skin care products since they are far from good to compete. I love this product, and I'm gonna purchase again. Thanks! iherb!!

A miraculous find

Posted by 4839923227984656268 on May 23, 2015

I bought this on a whim base on the reviews and had no expectations as too many products over promise and underdeliver - besides costing quite a bit of money too. I used a pea size amount every 3 days for the first 3 times, then every other day since. By the second week I could feel my skin much smoother and softer, and now more than a month layer the penny size pigmentation on my face has lightened. Even my husband noticed it. Of course, you cannot depend on this retinol alone to make your skin brighter - you have to sleep sufficiently, drink lots of water and reduce sugar and stress too, and eat nutritious food. Whenever I overwork and feel stressed, and do not sleep or hydrate sufficiently my skin looks dull and darker, not bright. However the retinol does help a lot in rejuvenating my skin and it always feel so soft and smooth the day after application. This brand is such great value for money. A bottle will last a long time since you only use a little. What wonderful value! Beats all the products out there by the major cosmetic company. What a lovely product. Am so thankful! Every one should have access to beauty at reasonable prices. This is one of the rare "this works"!

Good for skin peeling

Posted by Reviewer3330428 on Mar 17, 2014

Started using this product only twice before my skin begins to peel. So I must say Retinol A 1% is quite strong. The peeling sort of gives you a new skin layer, hence stimulates collagen production, which is good. This will erase fine lines and fine wrinkles as well. When applied, you will feel a little tingling sensation, this indicates that the product is working. Don't forget to protect your new layer skin from the sun and moisturize it well. Adjust the frequency of use of Retinol A upon your skin tolerance. It has a nice citrous smell. Really like this product.

Hate it!

Posted by 5354324088612118969 on Jun 02, 2014

I just got this cream, have been using it for a week, and really don't like it. Not quite sure what it's supposed to be doing because at first it seemed to do absolutely nothing, actually, made me break out immediately after first use. Since it didn't seem to irritate my skin I continued to use it (which is probably more often than they said to apply it). After something like 4 days my skin started peeling all of a sudden, broke out all over, and it's burning and peeling like I'm sunburnt. I would have used as directed, but it literally felt like it did nothing, and then boom. Bottom like - it doesn't tighten, does not improve the appearance of skin (again, made me break out), literally no improvement from this cream). I would not buy it again. Update after a few months... I started using this much less frequently - about once a week, then every 3-4 days. it works good for major wrinkles like forehead frown marks. If used too often will make skin peel and break out. Caution - retinol does increase cell turnover so it will bring all pimples and such to the surface. You do have to get used to this one, and it is NOT for daily use. Changing the rating to 3 stars, it's still not that amazing, but at least not horrible as I originally thought.

Posted by DenaerisTargaryen on Jul 08, 2013

I have been using this cream for about a month now. I like the consistency, the smell and the results. This product got me a light peel, and I feel my skin is much better hydrated and looks better to me. I bought this product in order to use it before I do a TCA peel, and as an effective night cream. The product should be applied according the attached instructions. Don't use it every night from the start on because it will sting your face. I also love the fact that this product is OTC and affordable.

It worked!! :D

Posted by Reviewer1477816 on Oct 16, 2013

I got this Retinol cream after watching beauty guru's video, 'gossmakeupartist'.He recommend me to use retinol to revitalize and remove the acne. I was lil bit worried because he mentioned that 1% retinol may be too strong for beginner. However, for me it worked perfectly. I used it as a night cream and when i wake up my skin become silky and acne sign is getting minimized. Basically it help to fill the thin skin layer. Plz use Sunscreen after use Retinol cream, if you use it in day time.

Price does not equal qualitiy

Posted by 5661070087488186943 on Jun 26, 2012

This cream works extememly well. Love it! I would suggest using it every other day. Have purchased others with much higher price that do not work as well if at all.

May cause outbreak

Posted by Reviewer1095723 on Jul 28, 2012

This cream causes peeling, so you really have to follow the instructions on the box which say to start from a frequency of twice week. I was too zealous and used it everyday, thinking that my skin should have been conditioned by reviva's 5 % glycolic acid cream and by my monthly 35 % glycolic acid peels. My skin was definitely brighter after using the retinol a but the cream was quite greasy and i suffered a minor outbreak. My chin started peeling badly and when i used the glycolic peel, i suffered from major stinging and redness, something i've never experienced before. Am going to alternate between the glycolic acid cream and retin a cream and stop the retin a for a week before i do the glycolic peel.

Great retinol cream but packaging not good

Posted by 5419897113616860995 on Jan 29, 2016

This is a great cheap retinol cream and works perfectly but, retinol is broken down in light so the packaging should be in a metal tube or pump bottle instead of a tub. I find mine starts to go off in about a month, you can tell when the yellow colour of the cream changes and becomes less effective. For the price it is amazing but I haven't figured out if buying a tub a month is any more cost effective than the stuff I get from my aesthetician every three or four months. If they changed the packaging it would be the perfect product.