Good

Posted by Reviewer2108042 on Sep 07, 2011

I just started using this at night. I apply it to my lines after Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Acid Cream. I'm thankful that the fine lines are noticeably less than before. I'll continue to use it. I love iHerb.

Life Flo Health, Retinol A

Posted by Reviewer1066838 on May 24, 2011

Love this product because it smooths the skin making it more supple. Just make sure not to apply it too close to the eyes because that can create swollen eyelids.

WOW!

Posted by helznguyen on Apr 10, 2014

This retinol cream is the best vitamin A cream out there! Way better than the retin A cream than I got from my dermatologist. I usually use it 3 times at nighttime, then stop. A few days later, the skin peeling starts and lasts for a week. After that, I use products to speed up the healing so my skin can recover faster. My skin is always baby soft and tight afterwards because of this cream! I don't use the Life Flo Retinol A cream that often, just occasionally when I feel like my skin needs a good peel :) My mom loves it too, we both been using it for over a year now!

Hate it!

Posted by 5354324088612118969 on Jun 02, 2014

I just got this cream, have been using it for a week, and really don't like it. Not quite sure what it's supposed to be doing because at first it seemed to do absolutely nothing, actually, made me break out immediately after first use. Since it didn't seem to irritate my skin I continued to use it (which is probably more often than they said to apply it). After something like 4 days my skin started peeling all of a sudden, broke out all over, and it's burning and peeling like I'm sunburnt. I would have used as directed, but it literally felt like it did nothing, and then boom. Bottom like - it doesn't tighten, does not improve the appearance of skin (again, made me break out), literally no improvement from this cream). I would not buy it again. Update after a few months... I started using this much less frequently - about once a week, then every 3-4 days. it works good for major wrinkles like forehead frown marks. If used too often will make skin peel and break out. Caution - retinol does increase cell turnover so it will bring all pimples and such to the surface. You do have to get used to this one, and it is NOT for daily use. Changing the rating to 3 stars, it's still not that amazing, but at least not horrible as I originally thought.

Good for skin peeling

Posted by Reviewer3330428 on Mar 17, 2014

Started using this product only twice before my skin begins to peel. So I must say Retinol A 1% is quite strong. The peeling sort of gives you a new skin layer, hence stimulates collagen production, which is good. This will erase fine lines and fine wrinkles as well. When applied, you will feel a little tingling sensation, this indicates that the product is working. Don't forget to protect your new layer skin from the sun and moisturize it well. Adjust the frequency of use of Retinol A upon your skin tolerance. It has a nice citrous smell. Really like this product.

my favorite

Posted by LadyEnigma on Sep 25, 2016

***Want to find out how to save money, click "YES" and see MORE useful info by CLICKING ON MY NAME.*** I've used it 22 times, almost every day, having missed only a couple days. Last week I had to stop and stare at myself in the mirror. My skin was glowing like it hasn't since I was in my twenties. In the last year, wrinkles had started appearing rapidly around my eyes and lips. It was very alarming. Now, a few of the lines around my eyes and mouth are gone, and others are diminished. There were lines appearing over my eyebrows and those are almost invisible now. The worry line between the brows is diminished, but still visible, as are those on my forehead. My pores are looking better. I'm looking forward to a couple months of use -- remember, this is only about three week's worth. I can't believe how fast it's working. I feel so hopeful! One of the biggest surprises was my mouth. I hadn't been putting it on my lips, but some cream would overlap onto my mouth because I was using it on the wrinkles on my lip line. Well, my mouth looks plumper and softer -- like a decade and a half removed in three weeks! Another notable improvement was in some small flat warts that had begun to appear. All but two are gone. This is an amazing product and I feel grateful to have found it. I had never used a retinol cream before and was a little worried about peeling, About two weeks in, I noticed some slight peeling around the corners of my mouth and around my crow's feet. A little VERY gentle salt scrub relieves it. When I go out I use a 15 spf. My skin is fair, but olive, and tends to tan instead of burn, so someone with sun vulnerability maybe needs something more powerful. But for me, I've experienced no sun sensitivity or burns just using my normal 15 spf. So, to recap -- • Lines: it's diminishing medium-set lines, it's removing fine lines, it seems to have put the brakes on things getting worse, and the deepest lines are starting to improve just a bit. • Complexion: My skin is smooth and glowing, and the pores are a bit better. • Imperfections: Skin tags/warts are disappearing. ***Want to find out how to save money, click "YES" and see MORE useful info by CLICKING ON MY NAME.***

Great retinol cream but packaging not good

Posted by 5419897113616860995 on Jan 29, 2016

This is a great cheap retinol cream and works perfectly but, retinol is broken down in light so the packaging should be in a metal tube or pump bottle instead of a tub. I find mine starts to go off in about a month, you can tell when the yellow colour of the cream changes and becomes less effective. For the price it is amazing but I haven't figured out if buying a tub a month is any more cost effective than the stuff I get from my aesthetician every three or four months. If they changed the packaging it would be the perfect product.

Had a bad reaction to this product

Posted by 4687206362393208193 on Jun 06, 2016

I highly recommend you to patch test before using this product. I had high expectation for this, and was really looking forward to it... but my face broke out really badly after two days of using it.

It worked!! :D

Posted by Sitakim on Oct 16, 2013

I got this Retinol cream after watching beauty guru's video, 'gossmakeupartist'.He recommend me to use retinol to revitalize and remove the acne. I was lil bit worried because he mentioned that 1% retinol may be too strong for beginner. However, for me it worked perfectly. I used it as a night cream and when i wake up my skin become silky and acne sign is getting minimized. Basically it help to fill the thin skin layer. Plz use Sunscreen after use Retinol cream, if you use it in day time.

Posted by DenaerisTargaryen on Jul 08, 2013

I have been using this cream for about a month now. I like the consistency, the smell and the results. This product got me a light peel, and I feel my skin is much better hydrated and looks better to me. I bought this product in order to use it before I do a TCA peel, and as an effective night cream. The product should be applied according the attached instructions. Don't use it every night from the start on because it will sting your face. I also love the fact that this product is OTC and affordable.