so far so good

Posted by 4976676051676200367 on Dec 14, 2015

I've been using skin doctors gamma Hydroxy forte for about two years now and decided to up my dosage of retinol. After a couple of weeks of usage, this seems like a great product, especially given the low price. Just a tip to users; although I avoid my eye area, I found that when I applied my under-eye cream, there was obviously enough residual product left on my fingers that I ended up with stinging red rings around my eyes- I now wash my hands straight after applying it. The only reason I deducted a star was firstly because I don't like the packaging (an airless pump would be more appropriate for a product like retinol) And secondly because on receiving it, the product was VERY warm (it had obviously been sitting in the back of the postal truck all day long). I know this isn't explicitly iHerbs fault, but ultimately they are an online retailer and it's their responsibility to make sure products arrive with the same integrity as they left.

So far so good!

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 17, 2012

Only been using it for 4-5 days, and no adverse reactions so far. But please, do change the packageing! In a tube, the retinol stays fresh and active- but in a jar like this, well I'll just have to use it up fast! The scent is pleasant by the way. Update: I´m getting a bit fed up with the runny consitency of this ´cream´- it is very runny and would work sooo much better in a tube. Also the orange essential oil is not an ideal ingredient in a facial cream - this I have picked up from Beautypedia. I´m switching to Derma A´s retinol options instead.

not for sensitive skin

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Dec 18, 2013

Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid are the only two ingredients actually backed up by science, known to do something for the skin, in an ocean of useless cosmetic products. This is not for sensitive skin types,however, and must be used according to instructions. Also, if there are patches of damaged skin this will peel off the protective layer.

Posted by Reviewer1055085 on Jan 04, 2012

Stains the clothes yellow! You have to avoid your eyes and be careful. After using it for about a week, my skin suddenly my skin started to dry out dramatically and it burned like.. It's no regular moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are really convinced about the benefits of retinol A.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2674674 on Sep 01, 2011

I regret buying it.I have severe rashes on my face and my skin started peeling off. I just used it 2 times. It took two weeks for my skin to come to normal condition.

Very potent

Posted by Reviewer1372230 on Jun 13, 2011

This product is very powerful! Careful when you first use it, to follow the instructions on the label. If you use too much, too quickly you can get a "retinol burn" (redness, peeling, which goes away if you take a break from the product). Seems to improve skin texture.

Life Flo Health, Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream, 1.7 oz (48 g) review

Posted by 1Petra on Apr 09, 2012

I know the benefits of vitamin A for skin.when I got this product I use it every night and applied too much.so after few days my skin was red and itchy.was my fault.our skin have to get use to it.I started to use just twice a week and apply just a little bit,now I use every other night and my skin don't irritate anymore,its really soft,no spots,no acne.I wanted to order again but its out of stock ,please bring it back

Bad product - Mal producto

Posted by 4618743383735331308 on Oct 14, 2015

I wanted try retinol A in high concentration. I knew retinol A acts cleaning the firsts layers of skin. But this cream burn my skin, and i don't feel any benefits. If you want the benefits of vitamin A in your skin, use creams with retinoic acid not with retinol A. Although if you decide use this cream, use only by night. --- Quería probar retinol A en alta concentración. Sabía que el retinol A actúa limpiando las primeras capas de la piel. Pero esta crema solo quema mi piel, y no siento ningún beneficio. Si deseas los beneficios de la vitamina A en tu piel, usa cremas con ácido retinoico no con retinol A. Aunque si usted decide utilizar esta crema, usela sólo por la noche.

Stronger than prescription a

Posted by 5113705679879517410 on Jun 16, 2016

Very strong Took my skin 8 weeks to adjust Now no issues Works Brilliant

amazing

Posted by 4917875805032159516 on Jun 01, 2016

FIrst time user of Retinol - and i must say i love this product. I felt no tingling but started peeling within 48hrs. Have no wrinkles and am using it for melasma so too early to say if it will work on it.