Taste is way tooo Awful.

Posted by MiraNZ on Jul 22, 2014

Impossible to ingest. I can't believe that this is able to be sold. I read the reviews, and I am trying to figure out how other people are able to take this powder.? Too sweet and strong... absolutely can't recommend. It is going to sit on my shelf, till I meet someone that actually can drink this. Hmmm

I love this stuff!

Posted by alloriginal on May 22, 2013

we ALL need more magnesium...and this is a simple and tasty way to get it. The taste is just like a cherry posicle, and the price can't be beat. After suffering decades of muscle cramps, difficulty sleeping and headaches I've finally found a cure! Regular use of magnesium has made a HUGE difference in my life. It works quickly and effectively. The difference is subtle but very real. Buy it for the taste, reorder it for profound improvement you will feel. Iherb ships really quickly, too. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

An easy-to-take and effective Magnesium Supplement

Posted by Reviewer1715865 on Sep 19, 2012

Indeed, as other customers have commented here, this product is sweet (think Kool-Aid!), thanks to the stevia that's part of this mix. In general I don't care for most stevia-flavored products, but this drink isn't that bad. I've tried a few other brands, but I keep coming back to this one. Since I've tested low in magnesium in the past (very common for most Americans nowadays), I've made this drink a part of my morning routine and I do notice a difference when I don't take it. The recommended serving size is 2 scoops, which confers 700 mg of Magnesium (as magnesium malate), and a good array of supporting synergistic nutrients. As anyone who has taken magnesium supplements in the past may know, 700 mg of magnesium is a fairly hefty dose to take all at once, and may produce the unintended consequence of loose stools. Because of this issue, and because this product tastes so sweet, I've found it's much more practical to use only half the recommended dose (1 scoop). Lately I have been mixing it with warm filtered water (rather than cold or room temperature water) and adding the juice of a fresh-squeezed lime. The lime cuts the sweetness a bit and gives it a pleasant tanginess. If you're taking free-form amino acid supplements of any kind (i.e., BCAA's, arginine, tyrosine, glutamine, etc), which often have to be taken on an empty stomach for full effect, this is a great drink to take them with, since it will help them get absorbed and metabolized.

works

Posted by Reviewer2746807 on Jul 29, 2012

I've taken this every night for a few years. Love the taste, and love the calming effects

good Magnesium

Posted by AhMinYah on Feb 26, 2012

It's less expensive than the brand I was using, it's got other vitamins included too. It doesn't dissolve without stirring like it says on the label. I'm also not too fond of the Cherry flavor so I dilute it more or add my Emergen-C packet to it.

don't like this!

Posted by fennel on Oct 30, 2011

just too sweet, in a large cup of water I can manage just a half small teaspoon. In orange juice it was a bit sharper and a bit more bearable. Best used as a sweetener, in small quantities.

Calm and Calmer

Posted by Reviewer1919089 on Apr 13, 2011

I like it how it is. Helps me sleep better. I will buy more of this product.

Magnesium + Beverage Sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2195180 on Feb 12, 2010

This is a good source of supplemental magnesium. I divide the two-scoop dosage into half-scoops four times a day in organic hot tea as a sweetener. In summer I will use it to sweeten organic iced tea and organic limeade.

Calm & Calmer ll

Posted by Reviewer2418356 on Aug 01, 2008

I think it is Great to have something to be able to mix in cold water & get everything at once. It is a bit strong & sweet. But it works great when you get the right amount for your system. I will buy it again for sure!!

mixes in cold water

Posted by Reviewer1873605 on Aug 01, 2008

I like this product because it mixes in COLD water. I only need to use 1/4 the suggested daily amount, and I add some extra water to taste because it has strong enough cherry flavor. This works well for me and I will buy it again!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »