Life Time, Kids' Life's Basics, Pea & Rice Plant Protein Powder, Vanilla Natural Flavor, 12.60 oz (0.79 lb)

Finally found a good gfcf protein powder for my son

Posted by Navina From India on Sep 19, 2011

The ingredient mix in this protein powder is good. It contains calcium, magnesium, efas with the aminos which are essential for childs growth. Most of the gfcf protein powders are not kid friendly - ie they either contain only the aminos , or aminos+efas, but dont have the extra calcium, magnesium. Its too early for me to say if it helped my sons growth since he has been using it since only 2 weeks. Initially when I gave it it seemed to give him loose floating stools. He is a gut sensitive kid. When I gave him this with enzymes there was no such problem. The texture is grainy and the taste is a bit heavy, but he seems to be ok with it. I give this to him first thing when he gets up in the morning.

Pretty good but would like to see another flavor

Posted by Reviewer1086214 From Washington on Nov 20, 2011

I bought this powder to make my son a smoothie before bed. It dissolves quickly in rice milk and has a good texture; however, my son didn't like the flavor very well. We started adding fruit puree and he likes it a lot better. I wish we could find this in a berry or chocolate flavor.

Bad taste

Posted by 4878833004074470087 on Oct 17, 2013

When I first opened it, i thought the thing has expired because it smells pretty bad. The color is weird too and it's hard to dissolve in milk, I had to stir a lot and clumps remain still. I tried mixing it with yogurt but I can taste the granules. Yuck.

Taste not so good.

Posted by Reviewer1019866 From Lithuania on Nov 09, 2011

My child drinks it only with plenty of juice. The taste is not so pleasant.