Life Time, Life's Basics, Plant Protein Mix, Natural Chocolate Flavor, 19.58 oz (555 g)

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Unusual Protein Blend, Great Taste

Posted by Reviewer2779762 on Dec 11, 2010

Convinced Soy protein activates estrogen in to the detriment of the body which makes it more difficult to lose weight, I searched for a plant based protein powder. This protein blend of pea, hemp, rice and chia seed tastes unusual and the chocolate flavor takes some getting used to, but is quite tasty as you continue using it. It is a good alternative to soy, egg and whey protein if you look to avoid those proteins.

Not too bad tasting.

Posted by Reviewer1585172 on Mar 17, 2011

I have found most non-whey protein powders to taste pretty damn disgusting. This one is actually not bad. I love my whey protein in hot water; a bit like hot chocolate. But this one actually tastes better to me if it's served cold.

Not bad

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Sep 18, 2011

Taste is a little unusual because it's made from pea and hemp, but it's still palatable. Not sure if I want to drink it on its own, but whizzed together with some whey protein and a banana it might be tastier.

Delicious

Posted by 4679978024830202939 on Oct 18, 2012

Enjoying with my favorite coconut/almond blend beverage. MUST use blender .. cannot just mix. I look forward to this treat every day.

With water ok, with rice milk great flavor

Posted by Reviewer2894417 on Sep 01, 2014

The first two times I mixed it just with water, it tasted ok, but I found the chia a bit overpowering. Then I mixed it with rice milk and that changed the taste completely to a really nice, rich chocolate shake. Love it and will definitely order again! I don't get the warning on the tube about not using it for weight loss though... I use it as a quick breakfast when I do a workout.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »