It worked but I will not buy it again...

Posted by Reviewer3265118 on Jul 17, 2008

This product has good and bad parts about it. The Good: It worked on cover the small amount of gray I have, I'm not sure it would be good on someone with alot of gray, but it blended in well for me and look like highlights since the color was a little lighter than my hair color. The Bad: It very time consumming. It take an hour to wait for the product to be ready for use. It also has two steps. First for coloring the gray and second step for all over color. So that adds time, to apply & rinse out step one, then apply & rinse out step two and it's not easy to rinse out. It's also extremly messy, it gets everywhere, as hard as I could I just could not keep it from crumbling all over the place and making a big mess. all in all I will not purchase this product again even though it does work. It's just not worth the time, effort and the mess.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2194319 on Apr 30, 2008

This product is messy, but it provides wonderful shine, thickens your hair and do not cause damage to your scalp or hair. I'm willing to do the work for such a great reward of chemical free hair color.

Color the Gray

Posted by Reviewer2170609 on May 15, 2008

This product does a great job of covering the gray without giving my hair a brassy red/orange color. I find that it takes more liquid than the instructions say. Product was shipped in a very timely manner.

Great product, easy to use

Posted by Reviewer1230771 on Aug 14, 2013

I have been using the product for years, every 5 weeks or so. I have quite a bit of grey hair by now, but this is completely replaced by a warm chestnut. I do the coloring over the bathtub with a handheld shower device, the whole process does not take me more than 60 minutes (for the two coloring phases and putting on a good conditioner afterwards),no mess at all if you know how. I also use single use ultra thin rubber gloves for better feel and control. Hair comes out beautiful every time, stuff is all natural and I am getting lots of compliments on my hair.

color the gray

Posted by Reviewer1334135 on Jan 12, 2012

great product

EXCELLENT product!!!

Posted by 5451610742916960378 on Apr 15, 2015

I used this to do strand test. I used the light brown one actually, you can read my review there. And it did cover my grey :)) My friend used this to color her gray hair and jet black hair. She is happy with the results and wants to try other color next time.

Headaches are gone.

Posted by Reviewer1207654 on Jan 06, 2014

No more chemical hair products for me, worth the messy procedure. I checked EWG website before trying and so happy I did

Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Chestnut, 7 oz (197g)

Posted by Reviewer1618969 on Aug 26, 2008

Being only 40 I wasn't too thrilled to have to live with the grey and white hair at my age but didn't think it was worth risking my health. So I was thrilled to find an all natural hair color! I must say that the product scared me when I received it though. It sounded complicated. But I guess like anything else that's good for you, you have to work at it. I didn't find it very user friendly. Using something for the first time you try to do exactly as the directions say for fear of messing up big time and I found that I didn't achieve the consistancy I was supposed to with the directions given. I applied it anyway. Very messy and it's a good thing I'm on a farm because it would have grossed me out completely. The end result was not quite what I expected. I think the grey/white hair changed color because of step 1 more then step 2. BUT it did color my hair and I don't look 50 years older anymore. As much as I didn't like the 1st experience I will give it a 2nd chance and try it again because it's safer for me.

Wonderful hair color

Posted by Reviewer1901954 on Jun 09, 2010

I like this hair color because it does not damage my hair. It improves my hair.My hair is never dry (like it usually is after regular hair color.) It completely covers the gray. I use only this product and never use regular hair colors any more.

Average Henna

Posted by Reviewer2228980 on Mar 13, 2009

It is very time consuming and VERY messy, does not cover all the grays despite the tedious process. I have been using Henna for the past 20 yrs and know how it works. I will not be buying this again.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »