Use lemon juice and have patience

Posted by Reviewer2049460 on Jan 21, 2009

This henna is excellent and very effective, especially for grays! Don't listen to those comments with no patience or intelligence to read the directions...it will take a long time, so nuture yourself for a few hours and enjoy fantastic color...with no toxic chemicals. As you use henna your hair will become darker over a few days, IF you use LEMON JUICE or another acidic such as vinegar. Lemons smell better...Ginger or clove will reduce the odor of henna if you don't like the smell. Do an internet search for henna use information if you're truly interested in nourishing yourself and your hair, instead of using a quick toxic fix.

Excellent coverage of grey

Posted by Reviewer2324933 on Jul 14, 2013

This is not an easy to use product, but it really did a nice job of covering the grey in the front of my hair. I had been using Surya and really loved the look and the ease of application, but it began to take on a pink tone, probably as my grey hair increased. Naturally, it's all in the front. This product did a nice job of covering it without making it look pink, but it is not that easy to apply. I let the mixtures sit for 3 hours as one of the methods advised and the product was hard when it was time to apply. I think adding a little water right before application might make application easier and still give good color. I have re-ordered this product and am happy with the results, but it is not an easy product to apply. It is in powder form and must be mixed to use.

Light Mountain Mahogany

Posted by Reviewer3108583 on Jul 29, 2008

If you are like me and concerned about the carcinogenic effects of using hair color this is a good alternative. It is a two-step process and you have to allow time for the henna to cure so it takes a little more time than regular coloring—so plan accordingly. I did not have all the chemical residue from the last coloring out of my hair so the color came out with more gold tones that mahogany but still a nice color. I got good grey hair coverage and my hair felt soft and conditioned, not brittle and dried out like with regular hair color.

Worked well

Posted by Reviewer2601366 on Dec 03, 2010

Lasted 4 weeks, the chestnut variety seemed to last longer. Tried putting essence of lavender in to reduce the "swamp gunk" smell, and it worked beautifully. Am going to try the next lighter color next time.

Great Organic Natural Mahogany Hair Color and Conditioner! SAFE for your hair!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This mahogany color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else!

What a great product.

Posted by 4703027820068945532 on Oct 11, 2016

Color the grey. This product is amazing. I developed a nasty allergy to chemical hair dyes . This product hs saved my sanity. First of all it's easy and simple to order. Delivery is super fast. Instructions supplied are clearly written. Did a test patch as instructed then proceeded to apply. It mixes easy and coats hair beautifully. Four hours later ...super shiny,glossy hair. The colour!. Wow!. It covered every single grey hair. It has reduced the frizz on my curly hair and it remains,four weeks later, so soft. Many thanks. Will not use another brand again!. X

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer3248002 on Oct 19, 2011

I love this color. I get a very natural looking color that lasts. My hair is very shiny and healthy after using. A little messy to apply but great results.

As I remembered

Posted by Reviewer3046370 on Oct 26, 2011

Used this years ago. Has the great conditioning factor that I remember and nice color cover of the grey.

Natural Hair Color

Posted by 4990673144970089066 on Sep 02, 2012

I have really liked the color change after using this product. My hair veers towards red (even without hear) so this came out a little dark red, but I loved it. The only things I will say I didn't like are the fact that it was very messy actually coloring it, and the gritty consistency took a while to wash all the way out. Also, the color bleeds a little each time you wash, so beware of using white towels at all while your hair is color with this. Even several weeks later. Overall though, I love the color. Thanks!

good

Posted by Reviewer1022706 on Feb 07, 2010

good