Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

As good as herbs can be

Posted by katrintheevil on Jul 28, 2013

After reading a couple of prev reviews... Guys!! It's not chemical dye, these are just herbs!! :P So, no, don't count on evenly dyed hair, no, gray strands (yea, do have a few) won't be as dark as the rest of hair. It will wash out relatively quickly, yet-most importantly- won't damage your hair. Yea, it might make your hair gain kind of copper shade in the daylight, especially after some time, since indigo washes out quicker than henna. So... you can't blame this product for just being what it is ok ;) Please read the instructions before you use it, it gives all proper warnings ;) Light Mountain wrote it clear enough in my opinion ;P some advice for those who dare to try for the first time: start with washing thoroughly your hair and scalp with SLS/SLES shampoo withouth oils or silicones. You need to "strip" your hair so you could let henna get inside your hair structure (yea, it does that, that's why they get bit thicker too). Then prepaer the mixture as the instruction says. Using tea/coffee as they suggest is not obligatory- since this one is a mix of henna and indigo i guess messing with pH or leaving the mixture in warm place is not an option- pure henna likes it, indigo hates it., just put it on hair right away :P After keeping it on your hair (could be 30 mins, could be 3 hrs, depends on you...) wash it with water. Don't use conditioner/oil/anything for next 24 (yupp, 24) hours. During that time the color still "develops". Hair will seem dry, especially at the ends, but no worries :). I usually put a rich hair mask/oil 2-3 hours before i can finally wash it after those 24hrs. Next time you use it it can be only applied on your roots. The result: shiny, thicker hair with natural looking effect. As for those familiar with henna/indigo: this product is worth trying, what I wanted was a good quality (no lead or scary stuff one might find in cheap henna :S). Previously I've been using Khadi products, these are slightly pricier, perhaps due to the fact they add a couple of other herbs that also nourish your hair. I will definitely repurchase, turned out the conditioning properties are the same. Next time also going to try "cover your gray" version :)

Natural Hair Color!

Posted by Reviewer2219738 on Dec 29, 2010

I love the Light Mountain Natural Hair Color and Conditioner! I mixed with brewed coffee and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and got a rich brown color. Thanks iHerb! ~Karen

Response

Posted by Reviewer1106646 on Mar 25, 2009

I have used this product for over 20 years and I absolutely love it.

Very Satisfied Customer

Posted by Reviewer3102015 on Nov 20, 2011

I have VERY sensitive skin, and just the test patch of 'regular' hair coloring almost sent me to the ER. I can use the Light Mountain brand with no trouble at all - it's very safe, and never causes any allergic reaction. I'm a satisfied customer!

Amazing color, wonderful conditioning effect, at a huge fraction of the cost for a salon visit!

Posted by LicensedMassageTherapist on May 03, 2013

I've used Light Mountain Henna on my hair before and I have been impressed with the quality every single time. After spending a small fortune on toxic salon dyes and conditioning products, I decided to try something completely natural. I suggested viewing a youtube video on how to apply henna before taking on the task by yourself. One box covered my very thick curly hair that was two inches longer than shoulder length. The color was shiny and lasted for at least 4 weeks. The product did not stain my skin at all. I did notice that it kind of rubbed off into my neck after a couple days, turning my neck blue. But the color residue washed off of my neck with soap and water. I will continue to purchase this product for many years to come.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »