New To iHerb?

Light Mountain, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Medium Brown, 4 oz (113 g)

4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews
Reviews 3-star

A bit dark for my hair color

Posted by Reviewer1635845 on Nov 01, 2010

My daughter-in-law is a hairdresser so she kindly put this in my hair for me. I have mousey colored hair.(Unfortunately!) so I was looking for some nice warm color. We made it up per directions (just with water)and only 'cured' it for 10 mins before we put it on the hair. We left it for just one hour. It was quite messy to shower and get it out but that was to be expected.and I smelt like hay out in the paddock! Afterwards I rinsed it out with just water as instructed and dried it, it looks like it was a lovely light golden brown color and I liked it..but the next day it turned a lot darker brown. It was too dark for me so I have ordered a light golden brown for next time which I'm eager to use. The Henna is wonderful though compared to all those horrible chemical dyes. It conditions the hair nicely. My daughter-in law was a little dubious as first to use it as she's heard some horror tales about Henna disasters and hair turning real red but she was pleasantly surprised. One more note..if you have shorter hair and theres not a great lot of it..you will only be using 1/2 the packet like I would have. I had to throw the rest out which was a bit of a waste but I'll know next time. It will last me two applications.