• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Reviews | English

nice

Posted by allisonmartin on Nov 21, 2008

I just used this on my hair yesterday.I really like the results.It was a tad bit complicated to get started...you need to first mix the henna with water ( I used day old, really strong coffee...for a richer color) then let the mixture sit for 1 to 3 hours.It was worth it. The formula was nice and thick so it did not drip.I have med. length hair so there was enough for me to do it twice. Instead of doing a strand test, I just rinsed my hair after 15 min....it was't dark enough so I put the rest of the mixture on my hair for another 15 min...perfect.It has a kind of "ocean marine" smell but is much more pleasent than that chemical smell you get with other hair corloring.I will buy this again. In fact, I can't wait for 4 weeks to go by so I can try another color.Hey, it's semi permanent so why not try other colors! washes out very gradually in 4-6 weeks and gives your hair a great shine and thickness.Even if I don't want to change the color of my hair...I will use the "neutral " to give it shine and body.This stuff is great...I have used it on friend's hair with the same great results as mine.I wish Salons would use this...It's good for the health of your hair.Enough said.

works great

Posted by Reviewer1742806 on May 15, 2009

Works extra good if you let it sit a couple of days before you apply. like it a lot

Been using this for years

Posted by Reviewer2087670 on Oct 04, 2008

gives great results every time, leaves hair soft and not damaged in any way, covers grey well. Love it

First time trial

Posted by Reviewer1207654 on Mar 24, 2011

I purchased this after discovering that all the chemical ingredients in shampoos etc were causing my migraines. I thought I was destined to become grey being unable to use all the "regular" products. I was delighted to find this product. It is a bit different than what i had tried in the past, but no headache, and great result. I will buy again.

I love this henna

Posted by Reviewer1631214 on Jul 28, 2009

This is an all-natural product. Works great. Try their product for grey hair, too!

deep, rich color

Posted by Reviewer1704795 on Mar 23, 2010

Very fast shipping and great price from iherb. This was a pretty color, medium brown color indoors with auburn highlights outdoors in the sun.

Great Organic Medium Brown Hair Color!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 17, 2015

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This medium brown hair color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else.

Great product once you figure out what works for you!

Posted by 4692529012610042138 on Jul 28, 2016

I love this product, but it took me a few applications to figure it out. :) The first time I left it in for 1 hour, and it didn't cover my grays at ALL. It made them a weird light yellow and I have medium brown hair so it didn't blend well at all. I thought about switching to this brand's Cover the Gray version, but I'd only used half the box (I have medium length hair, and not very thick) so I tried the other half and after leaving it for 4 hours it made my grey hairs a light reddish brown, which blends nicely and looks like natural highlights, so I have kept with this version (the 2-step process of the Cover the Gray version seems like too much work). I must admit I truly hate the smell, but I know others don't mind it. It's like an old, mouldering hay smell to me. It also lingers, so the first few days after I do it I sleep with my hair in a bun to keep it away from my nose. To try to help the smell I add a small spoon of cinnamon when I mix it up which does help a little, and has the fringe benefit of making my dry scalp go away. (It didn't do this when I tried leaving out the cinnamon!) Otherwise I just mix it with water. Another slight warning, it's darker than I thought it would be, more like the color chart's Dark Brown, but it does fade pretty fast into a deep medium brown. But if you don't want your hair too dark, go for the light brown version - I sometimes regret I didn't go for that one, but I don't wanna switch at this point. I'm also VERY glad I didn't go for the Dark Brown, even though I felt like my natural color (which I wanted it to match) is quite dark. I also feel like using this henna has made my hair thicker, and healthier feeling. I also have curls (2C), and it didn't change my curl pattern at all which I was very pleased about. Overall, very happy with this product and I will keep using it for sure. I'm almost excited now to have my reddish highlights increase as I go grayer, which is a nice feeling as opposed to the original dread when I started going gray at 25!

A safe solution :

Posted by Reviewer2451398 on Nov 26, 2009

Very satisfied with this product and feel good about the no chemical issues. Color set up fast and is holding well after 4 weeks. I will continue to use.