• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Reviews | English

A bit dark for my hair color

Posted by Reviewer1635845 on Nov 01, 2010

My daughter-in-law is a hairdresser so she kindly put this in my hair for me. I have mousey colored hair.(Unfortunately!) so I was looking for some nice warm color. We made it up per directions (just with water)and only 'cured' it for 10 mins before we put it on the hair. We left it for just one hour. It was quite messy to shower and get it out but that was to be expected.and I smelt like hay out in the paddock! Afterwards I rinsed it out with just water as instructed and dried it, it looks like it was a lovely light golden brown color and I liked it..but the next day it turned a lot darker brown. It was too dark for me so I have ordered a light golden brown for next time which I'm eager to use. The Henna is wonderful though compared to all those horrible chemical dyes. It conditions the hair nicely. My daughter-in law was a little dubious as first to use it as she's heard some horror tales about Henna disasters and hair turning real red but she was pleasantly surprised. One more note..if you have shorter hair and theres not a great lot of it..you will only be using 1/2 the packet like I would have. I had to throw the rest out which was a bit of a waste but I'll know next time. It will last me two applications.

Do not like it

Posted by 5208471439205733650 on Nov 11, 2014

My natural hair color is medium brown but after this henna the color my hair is dark brown very dark almost black it has indigo so some of my greys are blue. I will give a chance to another shade like red to see what happens.

Awfully complicated!

Posted by MariCh on Nov 25, 2012

I was required to mix it and let it sit for hours. The mixture was like clumpy mud; imagine trying to get clumpy mud throughout your hair. I was already worrying about my head of hair getting stressed out with the dying process. Trying to get that mixture on each row of strands was pretty ridiculous. I know it can be done, but not by me for sure. And rinsing out the mud into my drain didn't sit too well with me. I won't be purchasing this again. One star for changing the color of my hair, but it did not change the color of my few gray hairs.

Great Organic Medium Brown Hair Color!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 17, 2015

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This medium brown hair color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else.

Great product once you figure out what works for you!

Posted by 4692529012610042138 on Jul 28, 2016

I love this product, but it took me a few applications to figure it out. :) The first time I left it in for 1 hour, and it didn't cover my grays at ALL. It made them a weird light yellow and I have medium brown hair so it didn't blend well at all. I thought about switching to this brand's Cover the Gray version, but I'd only used half the box (I have medium length hair, and not very thick) so I tried the other half and after leaving it for 4 hours it made my grey hairs a light reddish brown, which blends nicely and looks like natural highlights, so I have kept with this version (the 2-step process of the Cover the Gray version seems like too much work). I must admit I truly hate the smell, but I know others don't mind it. It's like an old, mouldering hay smell to me. It also lingers, so the first few days after I do it I sleep with my hair in a bun to keep it away from my nose. To try to help the smell I add a small spoon of cinnamon when I mix it up which does help a little, and has the fringe benefit of making my dry scalp go away. (It didn't do this when I tried leaving out the cinnamon!) Otherwise I just mix it with water. Another slight warning, it's darker than I thought it would be, more like the color chart's Dark Brown, but it does fade pretty fast into a deep medium brown. But if you don't want your hair too dark, go for the light brown version - I sometimes regret I didn't go for that one, but I don't wanna switch at this point. I'm also VERY glad I didn't go for the Dark Brown, even though I felt like my natural color (which I wanted it to match) is quite dark. I also feel like using this henna has made my hair thicker, and healthier feeling. I also have curls (2C), and it didn't change my curl pattern at all which I was very pleased about. Overall, very happy with this product and I will keep using it for sure. I'm almost excited now to have my reddish highlights increase as I go grayer, which is a nice feeling as opposed to the original dread when I started going gray at 25!

A safe solution :

Posted by Reviewer2451398 on Nov 26, 2009

Very satisfied with this product and feel good about the no chemical issues. Color set up fast and is holding well after 4 weeks. I will continue to use.

Natural But Messy

Posted by 5625796393602906944 on Aug 30, 2014

I use Light Mountain as an alternative to using commercial hair colors with irritants or chemicals. I have some gray hair, which I pre-colored with Light Mountain bright red. I am satisfied with the coverage. It can be messy to use. I left the red on for maybe 3-4 hours and the brown maybe 2 hours.

Didnt try it

Posted by 5041910641073185286 on Jun 23, 2014

I didnt use this hair colour as it was way too complicated to be bothered with....

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »