Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Light Mountain, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Medium Brown, 4 oz (113 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

A bit dark for my hair color

Posted by Reviewer1635845 on Nov 01, 2010

My daughter-in-law is a hairdresser so she kindly put this in my hair for me. I have mousey colored hair.(Unfortunately!) so I was looking for some nice warm color. We made it up per directions (just with water)and only 'cured' it for 10 mins before we put it on the hair. We left it for just one hour. It was quite messy to shower and get it out but that was to be expected.and I smelt like hay out in the paddock! Afterwards I rinsed it out with just water as instructed and dried it, it looks like it was a lovely light golden brown color and I liked it..but the next day it turned a lot darker brown. It was too dark for me so I have ordered a light golden brown for next time which I'm eager to use. The Henna is wonderful though compared to all those horrible chemical dyes. It conditions the hair nicely. My daughter-in law was a little dubious as first to use it as she's heard some horror tales about Henna disasters and hair turning real red but she was pleasantly surprised. One more note..if you have shorter hair and theres not a great lot of it..you will only be using 1/2 the packet like I would have. I had to throw the rest out which was a bit of a waste but I'll know next time. It will last me two applications.

Do not like it

Posted by 5208471439205733650 on Nov 11, 2014

My natural hair color is medium brown but after this henna the color my hair is dark brown very dark almost black it has indigo so some of my greys are blue. I will give a chance to another shade like red to see what happens.

Awfully complicated!

Posted by Rocklin on Nov 25, 2012

I was required to mix it and let it sit for hours. The mixture was like clumpy mud; imagine trying to get clumpy mud throughout your hair. I was already worrying about my head of hair getting stressed out with the dying process. Trying to get that mixture on each row of strands was pretty ridiculous. I know it can be done, but not by me for sure. And rinsing out the mud into my drain didn't sit too well with me. I won't be purchasing this again. One star for changing the color of my hair, but it did not change the color of my few gray hairs.

A safe solution :

Posted by Reviewer2451398 on Nov 26, 2009

Very satisfied with this product and feel good about the no chemical issues. Color set up fast and is holding well after 4 weeks. I will continue to use.

deep, rich color

Posted by Reviewer1704795 on Mar 23, 2010

Very fast shipping and great price from iherb. This was a pretty color, medium brown color indoors with auburn highlights outdoors in the sun.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »