• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Reviews | English

Soft, Shiny, Rich Hair.

Posted by Adrienne on Feb 15, 2009

I swear by this product. It makes my hair unbelievably shiny. People are constantly complimenting my hair's luster, color, and the condition that it's in. Instead of damaging the hair, this product actually improves the condition of my hair. Years ago, I dyed my hair with everything under the sun. It was damaged and didn't look too happy. With this color, I get a deep red hue that comes out most in the sun. Because I have dark hair, it really warms up my color (instead of dying it red like it might if I had blond hair). And I swear that whenever the sun comes out, people comment on the beauty of my hair color. They think it's natural too. This red hair color doesn't look fake like it does with intense chemical dyes. And when it fades, you don't get a gross brassy color. It just reverts back to the previous color. After using this product for a while now, I get the color and richness I want while letting my unaltered hair grow back. The result is consistently conditioned and beautiful hair color. My hair gets healthier every week. I use this dye once every 5-7 weeks. But be warned! Henna is a bit messy when you put it on. It's hard to wash out without any product after you dye it. I put it on on a Friday night. Cover with shower cap. Sleep on it. Wake up and do some house tasks. Then wash it out. In the shower, as I rinse it out. I use CONDITIONER ONLY just to help loosen the mix from the hair. Then it doesn't strip it from your hair either. It comes right out with conditioner. Presto. Easy. Then it dries and looks luxurious and shiny. I love this stuff!

the brightest henna red i've found

Posted by Reviewer3215013 on Feb 12, 2010

such a beautiful vibrant color. People always stop me and ask about it... they are always surprised to find out it is a natural dye. it' stunning in the sunlight, really luminous.

Great product.

Posted by 4776135338126421008 on May 28, 2012

Bright red turns out beautiful dark red, I started out with dark brown. Made my hair so shiny and beautiful. Totally love it. Yeah, it's messy, but worth it!

Un super hénné

Posted by Kahaliah on Jun 19, 2013

J'ai d'abord été attirée par le packaging de cette marque, très original. Ensuite par son prix très intéressant. Mais le plus important, c'est la qualité, et elle est présente !! La couleur est géniale et a de super reflets rouges. Petit plus : les gants fournis dans la notice.

I love this henna.

Posted by proinnseas on Dec 02, 2013

This works. If you don't like smell of it, mix 10 drops of rosemary eo in it, or other eo, like lemon, eucalyptus etc. Also I do use lemon juice (from fresh lemon), to get some boost for color.

Great natural hair dye

Posted by Reviewer1763845 on Feb 22, 2010

Makes your hair soft and silky and tints a lovely shade of red. Awesome, if messy.

very pretty!

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on May 21, 2009

bright red was so nice! I liked it more than the red-red. its not light.. or strawberry on me just bright red! I started out dark blondish I guess... and yes pretreated chemically colored hair... using red is ok.. its the indigo you gotta watch out for when using henna over chemicals. (burgundy for example has the "black" henna in it.. this turned my hair grey-green-purple color...when I washed out it was basically light ASH brown.... when I wanted burgundy I ended up with hair LESS red than when I started!) but this one wont do any of that.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer2360533 on Aug 14, 2011

Nice rich color, looks very natural.

very good

Posted by Reviewer2034655 on Jul 12, 2010

100% of lawsonia inermis is very nice functioning for my hair. My hair tinted reddish brown with orange shade and natural shining.

It works but it's MESSY!

Posted by Reviewer2091884 on Feb 09, 2012

This product did color my hair a nice red, but I will never order it again. The process starts with mixing the single packet of powder that comes in the box, with boiling water. You can only use plastic or glass bowls and plastic or wooden utensils, for some reason, NOTHING metal can touch this mixture. Mixing it up was easy enough, it was the consistency of yogurt as described in the directions. Then you let it sit for 10 minutes and it thickens. At this point, you can start applying it in your hair...this is where things got messy. I started slathering it into my hair, to be quite honest, it looked like I was wiping dog poop into my hair. I kept on slathering though, and then realized I smelled like a dirt and green leaf mixture, not terrible, but not appealing. At this point, the muddy "dog poop" mixture that I had already applied to my hair, started drying and every time I moved my head to apply more mixture, the dried mixture started flinging EVERYWHERE. It was falling off in clumps onto the floor, flinging onto the walls, finally I ended up standing in the tub to apply it, with the shower curtain drawn just to keep the mess contained. Once all way in my hair, I put the shower cap over it and started the clean up process. I had to sweep it all up off of the floor, wipe the walls down (there was one stain), clean the sink area, etc. I let it sit for quite a while, maybe an hour, I didn't want all that mess and irritation to be for nothing. Finally, I decided to "rinse"...let's just say, this stuff does not just rinse out of your hair. At that point I felt like someone had put mud mixed with beach sand into my hair. It was VERY gritty, and again, every time I moved it FLUNG into the walls of the bath tub, and up above the tub. After 10 minutes of trying to get it all out, I finally had to fill the bath and literally plunge my head and hair into the water, while waving my head side to side to kind of "float" the sand textured mixture out. It took about 30 minutes to get this out of my long hair. In the end, it did give me a nice red color, but it was not worth the long, aggravating process to avoid the chemicals.