Light Mountain, Organic Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Red, 4 oz (113 g)

Reviews 5-star

Beautiful

Posted by Reviewer2216372 on May 18, 2010

I am one of those poor students who can't afford to spend 20$ or more on my thick, waist length hair, but I've always wanted to use henna, and this is a WONDERFUL, high quality type alternative. It's a good, cheap, low price, but is a wonderfully fine sift, came out of my hair VERY quickly (but I had mixed in some conditioner in the mix as well, so that was another factor), and gave me a wonderful red stain on my medium-to-dark brown hair, after only being on for three hours. I was amazed. :) And I loved the gloves and plastic cap they included. Saved me from yet another purchase!! Now, after a few days of oxidization, my hair is darker, and looks brown but shimmers red in some lights, while in the sun is a blazing, glowing red. Beautiful!! I did NOT follow their directions, but only in one aspect: They say to use boiling water to prepare it, but if you want the new color to last more than a month, do NOT do that. It forces the dye release, and it'll fade in a month if you do that. Instead, use CHAMOMILE TEA, very strongly brewed (three bags to one cup water), and a slash of lemon juice, and let it sit about TWO HOURS for dye release before using. Test by putting a small sploch onto your palm and waiting for sixty seconds. When that stains your palm orange, it's ready for your hair. <3

awesome

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on Nov 28, 2009

use grapefruit juice as opposed to just plain water..to "pull" MORE RED.. so you dont end up with orange or brassy. any "acid" works..lemon juice or grapefruit. but people online say grapefruit is better for a richer deeper red.

Change is Good!

Posted by Reviewer1028359 on Jan 26, 2010

After using henna off and on for 20 years, I was at a loss what to do when "Ardell" dropped its hennalucent products. I searched the internet for a substitute and found Light Mountain red henna. After using it, I'm more than happy to write a product review--this stuff is great! You get more in each box than the other brand ( I only needed one box instead of two) making it very economical to use. It even comes with gloves! The results were fantastic. Great color and conditioning and took less time to achieve the color than I found with the other brand. I did revise the instructions slightly, and wet my hair before application, then shampooed and conditioned at the end.

Beatiful colour and conditioning!

Posted by Reviewer2543161 on Dec 29, 2011

The red henna covers grey even better than the "color the grey" 2-step system. The smell is light and fragrant, the result is soft, shiny hair glowing with red highlights. The formula can get messy, so be prepared with a shower cap or towel to keep the mixture from spilling or crumbling off your hair as it will stain clothing. Try mixing lemon juice or grapefruit juice with or instead of water, it will enhance the red coloring even more. If you allow the mixture to sit for 1-4 hours before applying to hair, the consistency will be smoother and the application easier. Although it takes more time and is more messy than commercial dyes, I would never go back. The amazing results and the peace of mind that no harsh chemicals are used in this product is enough reason to switch over to light mountain henna.

Good ! Love the color - be aware, it's MESSY to apply, and stinky. But darn cheap and effective.

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Jul 01, 2013

but MESSY to apply (put it on in the shower, and maybe with someone to help you), with a certain smell, but since it is a natural product you can use it guilt-free and during pregnancy also I would think. I added juice of one lemon to the mix and let it sit for 1 hour before application, then I slept on it and rinsed the next day. The color immediately after dye is a very fiery radiant red, that looks good and is not monotone (probably because of uneven application by myself, but that's ok - it has dimension) and my friend said it looked professional. However, the color faded quite a bit within 2 weeks of nearly daily showering to a red-orange tint over my med-dark brown hair, but this tint is staying pretty much permanently now. However, I got this mostly to cover all my new white hairs that have appeared just in the last year at age 35, and I had NEVER dyed my hair before this in my life. This product does a good job of covering the white hairs; they are still tinted orange (but it looks good against the rest of my hair), and they gradually lighten over time. I tried the light red but couldn't tell any difference between that and this so I will just use this color. I apply it every 1 or 2 months, and the cost is so low this is no problem, but it depends on how fast the stain on my white hairs fade and if I notice a lot of white roots. The color, since it isn't opaque, allows the underlying lighter and darker parts of my hair to show, so it isn't one-dimensional. The color is very flattering; I love it and many people have commented favorably on it, and I will continue to use this.