Wonderful stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2790799 on Oct 05, 2008

Brown rice syrup gives less of a sugar rush than sweeteners like sugar, honey, and maple syrup, and it has a gentle, somewhat malty taste. I've found it better to follow actual recipes that contain brown rice syrup as an ingredient, rather than substituting it in other recipes. We use it make a healthful version of fudge, by heating and stirring together 1 cup of the syrup with 1 cup of Arrowhead Mills organic peanut butter over medium-low heat for a few minutes, removing from heat, then adding 1 cup of 60% cacao chocolate chips, and stirring until they're incorporated. Stir in gluten-free (or other) crunchy cereal to add texture, if you like, or leave plain. Press down into pie plate, let cool, and store in the fridge. Yummmmmmy!

A Favorite

Posted by Reviewer3279793 on Apr 10, 2009

For people who have to stay off of sugar...this is a great product. I dilute it with water. I pour 1/2 into another jar and fill each jar with water and then microwave them for 2-3 minutes and stir and shake and then it is pourable and I use it on cereal and in coffee. I use the product as it is for baking too. Go to Lundberg's Websight for recipes...or substitute in place of honey. Loretta

the only sweetener I use

Posted by Reviewer1641829 on Sep 08, 2010

Many years ago i had a honey addiction....because of some health challenges a friend recommended substituting rice syrup instead...apparently it is easier on the pancreas. The first month was getting used to the more subtle flavor. Now it is the only sweetener I use and honey is far too intense for me! I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it seems healthier than other sweeteners.

A Great Sweetner for Everyone

Posted by Reviewer2378293 on Jan 27, 2008

Lundberg, Organic Sweet Dreams Brown Rice is the best brown rice syrup I have used. It's flavor is just right for use in baked desserts, sweeting sweet potatoes instead of brown sugar and many more uses. It is a "Healthy" sweetner, not like those artificial man made sweetners. I will order more as needed. Carole Brown, NC

Organic brown rice syrup

Posted by Reviewer1079559 on Mar 03, 2008

This Lundberg organic brown rice syrup is delicious. Excellent for sweetening without getting that insulin spike. Tastes great when used for sweetening sweet potatoes along with some cinnamon.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1728361 on May 12, 2008

How can you go wrong. It's organic, from an eco-friendly company, tastes good, doesn't spike your blood sugar, and is great for baking.

Great tasting Brown Rice Syrup!

Posted by Reviewer1115695 on Aug 28, 2009

This is the best tasting Brown Rice Syrup I have tried and at a great price too. From my understanding Brown Rice Syrup is a slower digesting syrup than Agave, Maple Syrup, Honey, etc. Which makes it a great choice if you are concerned about weight, Blood sugar level, etc.. I pour this on my raw cacao beans yum.........

Works as a alternative sweetener

Posted by 5064402881097395309 on Jul 06, 2013

The first time I tasted it straight (just to see what its like) I was pretty put off by the strong rice-y aftertaste. It's sweetness is also very very mild. I suppose the extra flavor that comes with the rice syrup boosts the flvor profile of whatever you put it into so you may be less inclined to need so much sweetness. I'd say it works great as a sweetener in small amounts. Say to sweeten drinks or sauces and dressings. In large amounts it would most likely change the taste of your final product. I've used it to make coconut oil chocolates which was basically coconut oil, cocoa powder and brown rice syrup. It produced an intensely flavored chocolate that's not too sweet and the rice taste wasn't discernible too. I would definitely use this in place of refined sugar but flavor-wise I think I prefer palm/coconut sugar.

Good for pre- or post-workout drink

Posted by GZeolla on Oct 26, 2014

Brown rice syrup contains 50% soluble complex carbohydrates, 45% maltose, and 3% glucose. These are listed in order of slowest to quickest absorbed. These three kinds of carbs provide a steady supply of energy over 2-3 hours, so brown rice syrup is a good choice for a pre-workout carb source. Moreover, all of the carbs in brown rice syrup are effective for replenishing muscle glycogen, so it would be good for a post-workout carb source. However, brown rice syrup does not dissolves very well in cold liquid. But if you heat up the liquid first, then it dissolves very well. I used to do so by making a cup of green tea, then mixing in this Lundberg product and protein powder for my workout drink. I now eat a bowl of cereal instead, but if you're using a workout drink, this is a good product for the carb source. As an added bonus, brown rice syrup retains the naturally occurring nutrients in brown rice. So it is a good alternative to sugar.

love it

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Jun 15, 2011

read about it in the book from Paul Pitchford (Healing with whoole foods) ! good for those in 'deficiency' conditions!