WARNING: Less Is More

Posted by freebies on May 27, 2012

I no sooner ordered this product when I read about the potential hazards of taking 50 mg pregnenolone -- especially if you are also taking DHEA supplements. As a result, I emptied out each of the 50 mg capsules and split the pregnenolone powder into 5 x 10 mg dosages. Likewise with the DHEA: if you are taking DHEA while you are also taking pregnenolone, it is wise to take only half a dose of each and to limit the pregnenolone to 5 days on with periodic "hormone vacations." When it comes time to reorder this product, I will NOT order this large a dose of pregnenolone. Instead, it is much safer to buy a 10 mg version. Hormones are delicate substances to be messing with in the body. Buyer beware, and balance carefully!

More clarity and less mood swings

Posted by Reviewer1251902 on Jan 27, 2011

I have been taking pregnenolone for over 12 months, but I still remember the first day I took it. The world seemed brighter and colours more vivid, and it was as if a fog had been lifted off of me. I found that I didn't have the continual mood swings from feeling great to feeling like the world was coming to an end. Can't live without it now.

Great Hormone Regulator

Posted by Reviewer1784779 on Jan 30, 2009

I love this product.I was able to notice effects instantly.More energy and focus,as well as a brighter mood.Also helped regulate my sleep patterns which was a nice bonus. Dosage will vary for different people but I found 50mg an ideal dose. I'm still unsure whether this particular product is plant based like some other brands.I highly rcommened pregnelonone

Pregnenolone 50 mg.

Posted by Reviewer1091539 on Mar 11, 2011

This product causes severe headaches for me beginning a few hours after I take it and increasing for about 24 hours. At that point, it's almost equal to a migraine and accompanied by nausea. When I ordered the 50 mg. capsules, I thought I was getting a fairly low dosage, since they range from 10-150 mg., but after reading current literature, I've learned that it's now recommended to not take more than 10 mg./day maximum, and most people should start much lower than that: 2.5 mg./day. Also, it should not be taken every day, but users should develop a program of, for example, taking it for 5 days then going without for 2-5 days. I'm delighted to have figured out the source of these blinding headaches, but not so sure about using pregnenolone, even at a low dose. I have no idea if it's effective, because I've been so sick the day after taking it, "increased energy" is hardly a result I'd notice.

Used for years. Great.

Posted by Reviewer1500780 on Jan 02, 2008

I've used this for years. I can really feel it - better memory, better mood, less PMS, more energy. It's the only CAPSULE pregnenolone I've found. I recall feeling it within days of starting it and finding a positive change in my menstrual cycle that same month. Obviously, check with a doctor when taking pregnenolone.

Best brand I've tried

Posted by Reviewer2531035 on Oct 23, 2007

I have used other brands of Pregnenolone which seemed to have no effect. With this brand, there is a noticeable improvement to my short-term memory and ability to focus.

Helps regulate my system

Posted by Reviewer2983080 on Sep 18, 2008

This product was recommended to my wife by her doctor. We are in our late 30's and this product has been very helpful in getting my wife's sleep pattern and monthly cycle back to normal. She is doing much better. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Very effective for adrenal fatigue and depression

Posted by Reviewer1698292 on Jul 23, 2013

In the right next morning of taking this pill I had clearer head and refreshed feelings. I take 1 or 2 pills with 25 or 50 mg of DHEA, 1000 mg or 1500 mg of vitamin 5, 1/10 of Solgar B-Complex, Solgar Methylcobalamin 1000 mg, Solgar vitamin E 400 IU, 500 to 1000 mg of vitamin C, and zinc just before bedtime because cortisol is produced during night around 1am to 3am and released around 3 am to 6 am. Adrenal fatigue, which is related with depression, is not recognized in Japan and there are only 1 or 2 doctors that can treat it although they are still not perfect in my point of view. I have studied medicine by myself and found this wonderful product and the best time to take and vitamins with minerals necessary for production of cortisol. It is said that Pregnenolone repairs damages of hippocampi that cause depression.

Pregnenolone is the youth hormone--even for the young!

Posted by thenourishedlife on Oct 25, 2012

I can't go without my pregnenolone! This 50 mg per day is the perfect dose for me. Even at 26, I've experienced signs of hormonal imbalance like fatigue, low moods, and skin that doesn't bounce back like it used to. This pregnenolone is no magic pill, of course, but all I know is 1) my PMS always improves when I'm on pregnenolone and 2) the skin around my eyes feels much firmer when I take it. I rarely experience such tangible results with supplements, so this one is definitely staying in my medicine cabinet!

Being extra hormonal with an extra long memory doesn't mix well.

Posted by Reviewer3300396 on Oct 10, 2012

I have some issues with my short term memory, and tried this stuff based on reviews. I did not notice all the hormonal effects until after I purchased it, but I decided to try it anyway. All this stuff really did was turned me into a hormonal b*tch with a memory of an elephant who can't get enough sex. And while the latter two symptoms are nothing to complain about, I really don't need any extra oomph in the b*tch department. So I ordered some Natrol Memory Complex stuff with huperzine A and vinpocetine in it to try instead. I'll keep taking pregnenolone until I receive my Natrol because I'm in school and have midterms coming up and really need my memory to be topnotch, but I won't be taking any more after my replacement memory booster arrives. (I'll just save it for those low libido moments when I really need it. ;) )