MRM, Relax - All, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

Sedation and Sleep Enhancement

Posted by Reviewer2486932 on Sep 18, 2008

This product contains 'phenibut' (Beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid), which reduces anxiety and improves sleep and may have other benefits. Because of the powerful sedative qualities of this supplement, along with its capacity for creating tolerance (the need to take more to get the same benefit), it is recommended that you do not take this in combination with other medications. I recommend intermittent use of this product, to decrease the likelihood of dependence. That being said, I have a relative who combines this with Jarrow 5-HTP to create a powerful sleep compound. If you are taking psychiatric medications (especially MAOI medications), consult with your physician before using.

MRM Relax All

Posted by Reviewer3020895 on Dec 24, 2006

This is an excellent product. I do have to take the maximum of four capsules at bedtime to work for maximum effeciency. But all in all, this is the best product I have found for relaxation and a superior nights sleep. I was using GABA plus other supplements to get to sleep at night. Now this is all I need to use to attain good sleep. IHerb products are the best value all around including shipping prices. Thanks

Absolutely Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2348333 on Dec 09, 2008

This stuff is incredible. For me it as at least as powerful as standard prescription medications designed to aid sleep, relieve anxiety and reduce pain. All the benzodiazpines, sleep meds etc which I steer well clear of because of the very significant side effects and extremely dangerous tendency to cause nasty withdrawal symptoms. This really works profoundly as an anxyolitic and relaxant without any sedation, hangover or (so far as I can tell) alteration in sleep architecture (ie deep stage IV sleep is preserved) I think it works so well because it is a combination of 4 powerful nervous system inhibitors: phenibut, magnolols and l-theanine are all powerful in themselves, but dynamite in comination. Following a severe and repeated viral encephalitis (acute inflammation of the brain) I was left with a nervous system that was highly wired but had a very deficient braking/inhibition system. I spent years feeling like I was on speed, going through some sort of car crash. Tried pretty much everything. This is the best so far. Along with lots of melatonin at night, natural progesterone (I'm a girl!) which is very calming and alpha adrenergic receptor blockers. ONE VERY SERIOUS WORD OF WARNING. Phenibut acts on Gaba2 receptors. It does so very effectively. There is therefore, unfortunately a very real risk of developing dependency - as the receptors get used to having the stuff they start to need it and get miserable when it is withdrawn. Therefore YOU MUST TAKE BREAKS WHEN USING IT. This last point is very serious and should not be ignored. It's really a pity as I should like to use it permanently. However, I find that 5 days on and weekends off works well. Or even 4 days on and 2 days off. Additionally, I find that I need far less than the recommended dose of four capsules. I take 1/2 capsule at night. If I notice after several nights that I need more, then that is a sure sign I have already developed tolerance! Good luck. Its brilliant stuff. Throw away your Baclofen, your valium, your clonazapam. Here is something natural and effective. Just be cautious - it is powerful stuff.

I'm SOLD!

Posted by Reviewer1331206 on Jan 29, 2009

I was skeptical before buying... I suffer from severe sleeplessness due to stressful work... But it worked for me on the 1st night. I should have bought this years ago... Amazing!

This stuff works!

Posted by MikeMember on Feb 19, 2012

I've searched for years for a natural combination that would help me sleep through the night and wake up without feeling hungover... and this one is it! I only take one cap just before bedtime. I can't promise this combination will work as well for you, but I'm glad I found it.