Good and affordable vitamin c serum

Posted by 5024363673104466316 on May 09, 2013

This was my first ever vitamin c serum purchase. Having suffered from melasma and sun-induced hyperpigmentation from pregnancy, I was looking for an organic and affordable vitamin c serum. Mad Hippie seems to tick all the boxes, with ferulic acid added too. To be honest, when I first tried it, the morning I woke up my skin looked slightly irritated (redness). So I immediately stopped using it. But I've recently given it a try again after 4 months' absence, and I'm starting to love the results. I must say that it's not an overnight result, and I also apply spf30 sunscreen religiously everyday. But after 1 month daily usage I've noticed tightened pores and an overall brightening (not much, but noticeable). It has not completely faded the acne scars or sunspots. I guess as with all skincare, you have to be patient and continue to protect your skin from the sun with high spf sunscreen. I do also feel that my skin feels tighter now. I only apply this in the morning before my moisturiser and spf, to give extra antioxidant protection from the sun. With regards to application, it glides on very smoothly on skin, and I only need to use 3-4 drops for my face. I think 1 bottle may last me 6 months. It has not caused me any breakout.

Love this!

Posted by organic on Jun 10, 2012

Just a big drop will cover my face and neck. Lightweight, sinks in well, smells nice to me and keeps my face hydrated and radiant.

Serum cuidado del cutis

Posted by Reviewer1290928 on Nov 18, 2012

Se absorbe muy rapidamente, no deja sensación de pegajoso. Contiene principios activos muy beneficiosos para la cara. Excelente serum.

It works

Posted by Reviewer2887392 on May 06, 2012

I've been using this on my face for about the past week or so and it's brightened up my complexion a good deal. It is a lot thicker than most serums, so you don't need to use very much. And I haven't noticed any irritation/redness/flaking. The only thing that bothers me is the smell - it reminds me of one of those super-strong smelling glade air freshener plug-ins. Seriously. It's too strong. So I have to knock a star off for that. I'm going to use up the rest of the bottle and hopefully the good results will continue.

Very refreshing

Posted by ksedeniussen on Apr 26, 2016

Nice smell, it smells so fresh and natural, non-chemical! It absorbs into the skin fast and it tightens a lot..which I don't like because I have very tight skin and no wrinkles so I really didn't need that. Feels a bit like I'm wearing a mask, until I add some moisturizing face cream and then the tightening-mask-feeling goes away. I use this mostly at night, I feel it's a bit too much to wear during the day as it makes the skin pretty shiny :)

goods profuct

Posted by 5464759551515169868 on May 04, 2016

i love thus product i used it every night.

Mi primer serum, un acierto

Posted by 5458524924332502865 on Feb 12, 2015

Compré este serum por recomendación de una blogger, y me está gustando bastante. Tiene un olor suave, nada molesto, mi piel se lo bebe literalmente, casi no tengo tiempo ni de extenderlo. La sensación después de su aplicación es muy buena y no engrasa la piel en absoluto. Llevo menos de un mes con él y no puedo decir que vea grandes cambios en mi piel, pero bueno, creo que aún es pronto para eso, lo que si es cierto, es que la noto menos tirante, menos "sensible".

Does what it says!

Posted by 4827256725605568911 on Aug 11, 2015

Loving this product! This is the first time I am trying this and i'm falling in love already. I really felt my skin tightened, refreshed and brighten. I put this in the morning and evening. I also love how the serum is distributed so that it will not contaminate the whole bottle. Price is reasonable as well :) Will buy it again or will try other product from Mad Hippie!

No adecuado para mí...

Posted by LunaGa on Dec 15, 2015

No he notado grandes cambios... Creo que está bien pero probablemente no sea adecuado para mi tipo de piel (mixta). Se absorbe muy rápido y no mancha. El tarro es genial y se puede reutilizar. El diseño es precioso para regalar.

Smells nice, seems to work fine.

Posted by 5398307470005939502 on Jan 12, 2013

Only had this a few weeks. I think it is good for my skin. I had combination skin with very slight acne. Nothing I've ever tried has ever WOW'ed me...I've never used something for three months and seen a dramatic difference with any product. This hasn't done much either...but its probably doing what its supposed to do. It glides on easily and is easy to use. Feels and smells good. Feels nourishing.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »