Madre Labs, Hand Cream, With Argan Nut Oil, Unscented, 2.5 oz (71 g)

Contains cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate-60 and sodium benzoate.

Posted by Leione on Apr 13, 2014

One of its main ingredients is cetearyl alcohol, a suspected environmental toxin, skin irritant and allergen, which can dehydrate and cause irritation to sensitive skin. Another one is polysorbate-60, a potential toxicant which may be contaminated with ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane. Sodium benzoate, its preservative, is suspected to be a skin irritant. I can't even feel the moisturizing and nourishing effects of argain, olive, safflower, avocado, sesame and coconut oils and shea butter, the soothing effect of aloe vera leaf juice or the healing power of açaí, goji or seabuckthorn fruit extracts in this cream. It fails to moisturize and irritates the sensitive skin on my hands. Won't be ordering it again.

To die for!

Posted by Reviewer3131320 on Apr 21, 2012

This stuff is like rubbing satin on your skin, it feels heavenly! It soaks in rapidly so there's no slippery hand syndrome afterwards. I brought it to the office and we all agree - it's great! Love that it's unscented so it doesn't complete with your perfume.

The nose knows- it stinks!

Posted by Reviewer1370308 on Jan 25, 2014

Although I liked the cream, it is rich & thick & made my hands soft, it smelled so bad I had to wash it off. The scent lingers & doesn't dissipate. Unscented is a lie. It smells awful. I'm an aromatherapist & there is absolutely no reason the manufacturers can't fix this with a natural great smelling blend of therapeutic essential oils, and do so with a variety of them to please everyone's nose. I'm glad it was a free sample because I would have been upset if I had paid for it. If you are sensitive to smells ( I smell everything before I buy it) don't buy this. If your sense of smell is poor or you are not effected by noxious smells, then get it because it is a good cream for dry skin. 1 star for smell, 4 stars for cream. Will not buy again. The nose knows.

Posted by Reviewer1901754 on Apr 24, 2012

This is the best hand cream I have ever purchased to date. Very creamy and silky, without feeling greasy. My hands aren't really dry like they used to be.

unpleasant smell

Posted by netalee on May 03, 2012

moisturizes well, but in spite of the fact that is claimed to be odorless, it actually has an unpleasant smell.