Madre Labs, Retinol Serum 1%, 1 oz (28 g)

4 out of 5 based on 114 reviews
Reviews 3-star

weird

Posted by vanagelyte on Jun 22, 2014

color - yellow, smell - weird, but maybe it's how it should be. what i do not like is the consistence - kind of jelly, so I do use it but not on my face, on the the legs, hope my skin will get some use out of it

Not sure about results just yet...

Posted by 5338566411896964048 on May 08, 2014

I have only used this a few times, so I have yet to see any results, but I gave it three stars for the terrible smell! Maybe it's just me, but I think it smells awful! Luckily it does subside after a little while, I use it under coconut oil before bed.

A bit of a mystery.

Posted by 4983149196640897860 on May 15, 2014

I had wrinkles before I used this, and I still have wrinkles. Have the wrinkles been reduced? Not that I can tell. Could a dermatologist with a magnifying glass see a difference? I don't know. Would the wrinkles have gotten worse without the product? I don't know. It contains Retinol, which is supposed to reduce wrinkle. It did not irritate my skin at all, which can be a side effect of Retinol. Also the price is good compared to other Retinol products.

hmmmm

Posted by Reviewer2697166 on May 30, 2014

After using this product for approximately 2 weeks, my skin began peeling and getting red and blotchy. It may be that peeling would be expected. However, I deal with the public and I cannot have any down time, waiting for my skin to peel and then hopefully look wonderful later! So, I discontinued usage. I have tried other products from Madre Labs and I like the company very much. I am happy that I didn't have to spend a lot to test the product. I have been a loyal customer of iherb since the 90's ! It is a great company.

works but smell isn't wonderful

Posted by 4921697260692442527 on Jun 12, 2014

good price but smell is not good. Works as well as other similar serums I have tried. Good value for price but the smell is off putting