Great all purpose skin cream with New Zealand manuka honey.

Posted by Caerulea on May 13, 2014

Unlike many other similar products, this all purpose skin cream with manuka honey is all-natural, pH-balanced, suitable for skin types, and free of sulfates, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, PEGs, silicon, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, toxic and dangerous chemicals, additives, preservatives, dyes, synthetic and artificial fragrances, as well as cruelty, and made with biodegradable ingredients. It contains nothing but safe and beneficial ingredients: olive oil and plant-derived glycerin deeply moisturize, nourish, and soften the skin, locking in moisture and preventing dryness and dehydration, beeswax forms a protective barrier on the skin surface while still allowing it to breathe, while a powerful blend of New Zealand manuka honey, an exceptionaly potent antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, antispasmodic, tonic, cicatrizant, soothing, emollient, and healing agent, royal jelly, bee pollen and propolis extracts soothes, heals, tones, firms, regenerates, invigorates, revitalizes, and rejuvenates the skin, helping restore its elasticity and protecting it at the cellular level, supports and strengthens its defensive mechanisms, calms itching, reduces redness and inflammation, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone, regulates sebum production, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, facilitates the healing of small wounds, sores, cuts, abrasions, peeling skin, dry and chapped lips, bruises, insect bites, stings, abscesses, burns, boils, blisters, and prevents premature aging; non-GMO vitamin E is a natural preservative and antioxidant, olive oil derived cetearyl olivate and sorbitan olivate are safe and natural conditioning, emulsifying, and viscosity controlling agents. This manuka skin cream works for me: it keeps my skin moisturized and nourished, makes it softer and smoother, reduces redness and irritation, improves my complexion, and evens out my skin tone. It may not work for everyone, though. If you're allergic to bee products, this product is definitely not for you, but if you're not, it's worth trying.

Heavy duty

Posted by Reviewer2342158 on Sep 20, 2013

I like how this product can be used all over the body as a super hydrating body cream and a nourishing night cream. I suppose it would also make and excellent lip primer for lipstick as well. I use it on my face at night and have been noticing softer lines around my eyes and mouth. It smells like honey. Very nice

Very moisturizing

Posted by joyslin on Oct 04, 2013

Love the texture of this. It looks like wax in the jar, but once you run your finger through it, it softens and becomes like a cream and spreads easily. The ingredients of this is great - you can tell that it contains a lot of olive oil. It clears the lines off my forehead. The only con is that it takes some time to get fully absorbed into the skin. At least the ingredients are safe if consumed (and I don't have to worry about my hubby and daughter kissing me)! I would highly recommend it.

Egyptian Magic No More!

Posted by 5204412433130947273 on Aug 29, 2013

I have used Egyptian Magic for years. Then I saw this new Madre Magic product, so I decided to give it a try. It's a little softer and easier to apply than Egyptian Magic and I love that it contains organic ingredients plus Manuka Honey from New Zealand. My skin is thanking me everyday!

More like a balm than a cream

Posted by MarjorieS on May 04, 2016

I wanted to buy the big brand magic cream at first. But considering the price, I never did. So when I saw this Madre Magic cream with organic ingredients, manuka honey, AND tiny price I couldn't not give it a go! I would say it is more like a balm than a cream as it does not contain water but beeswax as a base. It is very oily, very good for cuticles, elbows, legs, boobs. I even tried it on my face, I have an acne prone skin. As it was too rich I rinsed it but it did not come off entirely (it is so thick) and add my organic aloe vera cream on top. I did not break out. My skin is very smooth and my complexion is better as well, less little bumps and scars from acne seem fading. I am not sure which ingredient does that to my skin! But if you consider buying the Egyptian Magic Cream give this a shot first! I am impressed but add thermal water on your face or aloe vera if you want something to hydrate your face before applying as it is only a nourishing balm and not a cream (does not contain water). That's why I just give it 4 stars! If you found my review helpful please click on the button yes :) I'd appreciate as I don't tend to take time to leave any usually. Thank you!

Nice Product

Posted by 4962147787422480419 on Jan 13, 2015

I started with Egyptian Magic a couple of years ago which I used mostly on my hands and legs to combat dryness. I never found it to be magical but it served the purpose of hydration. I find EM doesn't have a "raw" scent or texture, perhaps because the product is not organic. Madre Magic is much purer in comparison; the color of product I received has a greenish tone, from the flowers the bees pollinated during the season the product was produced. Color will vary by season depending on the flowers pollinated in a truly raw product. EM is always the same buttery color with every jar I have purchased. However, the consistency of MM is sometimes gritty, like raw shea butter. This is from the beeswax, which will change the consistency from smooth to gritty depending on temperature. I like these unique characteristics because it means the product is pure. I mostly use MM on the dry areas of my face and body mixed with a small amount of raw shea butter. Having written all that, Mama Medicine's Sweet Bee Magic beats them both due to the actual healing properties. This stuff makes my face glow, *immediately* stopped the stabbing pain I sometimes get on the waterline of my eye from allergies, and has an amazing, soothing property that EM and MM do not. So if you're trying to choose between the three, I recommend Sweet Bee Magic. It is in my bathroom, purse, on my nightstand... pretty much everywhere I may need it! I slather it on my face all the time. (I have dry, peri-menopausal skin).

Makes a great alternative acne/blemish treatment

Posted by marley on Dec 02, 2013

I add just a drop or two of Kyolic garlic liquid extract (also sold at iherb) in a dab of this.I rub it together then I apply it on my face.It makes my skin look bright and I noticed some of the blackheads were coming out on their own when I used this combination on my face.Do not use this on broken skin or it will sting.

Amazing ingredients, but a little greasy for me.

Posted by 5195693504298770559 on Oct 29, 2013

The ingredients list is amazing. So natural and simple, it shows you how unnecessary all those extra chemicals and artificial ingredients in cosmetic products are. Having said this, it's a little greasy for me, so I plan to use it in winter when the skin needs a little extra help with oils.

Smells like its expired

Posted by 5710333086768038048 on Dec 05, 2015

The olive oil in this cream smells bad like it expired, So 1 star is too much for it , Iherp ... please add addtional feature as red ( bad ) stars as well

Where is the magic?

Posted by TrueReviews on Jan 05, 2014

I use it as hand cream, it is not that moisturizing. I used it on a small dry psoriasis patch on my elbow, and it did absolutely nothing. The texture is somewhat thick, and the smell is neutral with a hint of honey. With those ingredients it should indeed perform magically, but that doesn't happen. Click on my username for more reviews. If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.