• Reviews | English

First time trying steal cut oats!

Posted by Sweetx-Shorty on May 30, 2013

I didn't even know what i was missing out... Moved progressively from instant to rolled and ultimately steel cut. And i'm staying with steel cuts. INitially quite hesitant to try this one out because of the long (30mins!!) cooking time but McCann managed to cut that by more than 20%! Now all i gotta do is to pop these babies into the microwave for less than 10minutes (not even on the stove) and i get a steaming bowl of whole hearty oats. What's not to love~

Quick, hearty and yummy!

Posted by Reviewer1854455 on May 01, 2012

I love waking up and making these steel-cut oats. They are quick and keep my energy levels strong through the morning. I actually wake up and can't wait to get this stuff on the stove. I mix in almonds/walnuts and cinnamon, then I add honey and dried fruit on top. Delicious! I wish it came in a larger can - but the size and weight is very manageable. I can't believe the price! Try it.

Nice!

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Sep 17, 2014

It cooks well if you use a microwave, which I do, and tastes very nice indeed.

Best beakfast ever

Posted by Keitha on Jul 23, 2012

This is the real oatmeal- you have to spend some time for cooking, but it's worth it!

Best Oatmeal Ever

Posted by 5262785391307473261 on Nov 03, 2014

I switched to steel cut oatmeal a few years ago. I loved the flavor, but the 30 minute cooking time was challenging. A friend gave me a container of McCann's Irish Oatmeal about 18 months ago. I have eaten no other oatmeal since! All the great flavor and consistency of steel cut oats with a five minute cooking time. Try a serving size with 6 grams of flax meal stirred in after cooking and 75 grams of red seedless grapes for sweetening. You will love it! I started purchasing from iHerb.com when my grocery store was out of stock. Their price and service is great - I'll be buying this item on the web from now forward.

My favorite

Posted by 5420860104634618958 on Jun 20, 2016

Good hearty oatmeal. Way better texture than rolled oats. Cooks fast, great texture, stores well in the fridge to reheat later. Love this stuff.

very tasty

Posted by 5439766529924141506 on Aug 14, 2014

Encountered those during my first order from Iherb. Up untill now we were eating oat flakes Quacker, so the oat taste is familiar. Then tried these! Good decision. Much tastier and as appeared healthier than the flakes. I add a bit of salt to a boiling water and a bit of sugar when the oats are ready. My 3 year old daughter loves it, even the 8 years old had tried and enjoyed (she doesnt eat flakes because of the "yuk" final texture, these have more solid texture). what more can I ask :) Will definately reorder. BTW the can itself doesnt have cutting edges so will use it as a crayons holder when emptied ;)

fresh

Posted by Reviewer2820976 on Jul 06, 2013

great price

Greatist Irish Oatmeal

Posted by 5458973914794307558 on Nov 27, 2013

I have been eating this for 2 years now. The taste is great, easy to fix in the microwave. What else could ask for? I eat the oatmeal at least 5 times a week for breakfast. Sometimes I also eat it for dinner when I am to lazy to fix anything else. Believe me this is Not like Quaker oats. It has so much more flavor and texture than rolled oats. Just try it don't take my word for it. I put a little frozen fruit in before I microwave it and a little honey in it when I fix it. It is so GOOD.

So much quicker

Posted by Reviewer2174049 on Oct 08, 2011

i never have time for the regular one, this is quick and easy!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »