• Reviews | English

THE FINEST, MOST DELICIOUS, OATMEAL IN THE WORLD

Posted by LeslieKenton on Apr 21, 2012

I discovered McCann's Irish Oatmeal when I lived in Paris some 40 years ago. So wonderful was it that I wrote to the company in Ireland to congratulate them on the product. To my great surprise, they wrote me back a charming letter and sent me six tins of this product as a gift to thank me for my enthusiasm. I only recently discovered that iherb.com sells it. Hooray! It is like no other oatmeal on earth. It takes 30 minutes to simmer and is well worth the wait. I love mine topped with butter or sheep's milk and a sprinkling of organic cinnamon.

Love it, love it, love it!

Posted by CatherineByTheSea on Jun 25, 2012

I love it a lot more than a regular quick "1 min" oatmeal. I don't cook it as recommended on the package. I make it a lot more simple: in the evening I take thermos, preheat it with boiling water, add 4 tbsp of oats, fill it up with boiling water, close the thermos tightly and leave till the morning. In the morning I serve warm oatmeal with fruits and honey.

Fantastic for make ahead breakfast

Posted by 5695189471727326994 on Mar 13, 2015

Cook in a little butter to bring the nuttiness out (1 cp oats, 1 tsp butter/veg/coconut oil) Add water and salt, and boil for three minutes (3 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt) Put on the lid and let sit overnight (or 4 hours) Portion out for the week and simply warm up and add in your favorites! Make ahead breakfast, breakfast on the go!

Wonderful

Posted by 5524065071902393179 on Apr 18, 2012

I'm from New Zealand where you can only buy rolled oats, so I didn't really understand what I was buying and have never tried this kind of oatmeal before. So when I examined the cooking instructions, at first I was surprised at the length you have to go to in preparing this, but when it came time to eating, I was very excited and impressed! This will definitely be a regular part of my breakfast options from now on! As an oldie, I also like the retro-style can.

Delicious

Posted by Reviewer3137441 on Oct 17, 2011

I love the nutty taste of this oatmeal. I cook a large pot of it at the start of the week and reheat it every morning with soy milk and blueberries. Easy and healthy.

Good for the Heart and the Wallet, too.

Posted by 5283203506949161305 on Oct 29, 2013

Have been eating McCann's Irish Oatmeal for years. Unfortunately, the grocery store where I have purchased my oatmeal has been jacking the price up so I needed to find the oatmeal that I love at a more economical price. iHerb to the rescue. Saved nearly $12.00 on my total order. To me this was abut the cost of the produce, but some folks may not like the fact that traditional oat meal takes some time to prepare even with the few short cuts I use. Can't beat the taste in my mind so I'll take the time.

Good oatmeal but poor packaging....

Posted by Reviewer3292077 on Aug 20, 2011

Product is good. Dented cans received due to poor packaging..no recovery service follow up from iherb.

Dented cans but great oats

Posted by Reviewer1681239 on Aug 28, 2011

I was shipped 9 cans of steel cuts oats. A significant number of the cans were dented. Big dents not little dents. While dents were not large enough cause the oats to spill out it does raise a question as to how well they were packed considering there weren't any marks on the exterior of the shipping box.

Steel Cut Oatmeal - Excellent for Diabetic Meals

Posted by 5279301170878636057 on Feb 22, 2014

This product cooks up easily. It consists of little 'beads' of oats, unlike rolled-oats or powdered oats which cook up much faster. It has a low glycemic index, meaning that compared to rolled-oats or instant oats, it is absorbed by the body S-L-O-W-L-Y, turning the carbs into glucose (energy-sugar) over a longer period of time. ...Perfect for keeping the body stoked for many hours without a sugar spike. It is delicious with a 'chewy' texture. The packaging is excellent. For a 2-serving couple, I boil 2 cups of water & stir in 1/2 cup of these steel-cut oats. Purchased 4 tins, and gave some to a friend. Order 3 or more for free shipping. -RadioRich, New Hampshire

love it!

Posted by Reviewer1651063 on May 28, 2011

different from regular oatmeal - i love it - so tasty! great product and awesome shipping. i <3 iherb