MegaFood, Balanced B Complex, 60 Tablets

Baker's yeast - saccharamyces cerevisae

Posted by Reviewer1448542 on May 06, 2013

I did not realise that saccharamyces cerevisae is Bakers yeast. This is a known allergen for many people including myself. I became significantly unwell while taking MegaFood, Balanced B Complex including UTIs, gastric distress, anxiety, rashes, disturbed bowel function etc Plus its a very cheap form of vit.B so the high price is unjustified. I wont be buying Mega Food ever again and will return to Thorne B complex.

Cheaper and more potent than New Chapter

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 25, 2012

And no soy in this one. Megafood is blowing New Chapter out of the competition. All soy (even 'organic') has been contaminated with GMOs so as long as NC keeps on using toxic soy in their vitamins, I will buy Megafood. Often take it on empty stomach before breakfast without problems.

B complex

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Sep 27, 2012

I think this is the best food based b complex. However, I prefer a lower dose, so I cut the pills in half. Fortunately, this no longer has a child safety cap. The cap has a piece of cardboard inside apparently to help keep the pills fresh. I also use methylcobalamin once a month.

like it because it's a food supplement.

Posted by Reviewer2591742 on Sep 15, 2011

Like it because it's a food supplement.

Does make a difference

Posted by ChristinaHill on Mar 20, 2015

It's one of the very few things that actually give me energy. I'm on a testosterone blocker and it robs my energy, making me a worthless b*tch. But being on this complex makes it possible for me to go around feeling fine, even after being on empty stomach for hours. Another thing I notice is that my nails are growing again. Also, the fact that the vitamins in this are food-based (not lab) is greatly appreciated.