Great toasted with eggs

Posted by 5428432667268829540 on Aug 16, 2014

This is a tasty bread that gives good energy (no wheat crash typical of many processed breads). Though it is excellent simply spread with nut butter or eaten on its own, my preferred way to eat this is to pan fry it in olive oil, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and eat on its own or with some fried vegetables and eggs. I reserve one star because I am skeptical of the processing that the bread must undergo to achieve such a long shelf life - it's too good to be true, and thus can't achieve the 5-star rating that fresh bread does.

Yum!

Posted by Reviewer1763080 on Apr 08, 2014

Great quality and taste. Cheaper than we pay in Japan. Very pleased

Pumpernickel with whole rye kernels

Posted by Reviewer1554228 on Dec 27, 2013

Love this bread. Difficult to find this type in store's deli section

great quality

Posted by 4888667012830455574 on Dec 08, 2013

The bread is great quality i'm sure if you like pumpernickel its great, I thought I did but maybe this is just a little to natural for my blood its really strong and over powering.

love, but salty

Posted by 4883388839584268090 on Jul 12, 2013

I love mestemacher breads, but they contain too much salt- not healthy. 350 mgs per serving is a little ridiculous. Bavarian Breads has about 1/2 the salt and they're still delicious. Can't recommend Mestemacher when there's a healthier alternative.

High Fiber German Bread.

Posted by Boni77 on Apr 12, 2013

This bread is very healthy high fiber German bread. I can't find market ,so happy to buy in iHerb. Strong flavor ..... Rye , Sunflower bread (red. yellow package) is better if you would like to try these kind of bread for 1st time. Love to eat toasted with peanut butter ,creamcheese or ham and cheese and veggie.

Excellent genuine pumpernickel!

Posted by 5349098852128219669 on Nov 01, 2012

Super, delicious, fresh, high-fiber product, so glad I found it at iHerb. Our local Aldi sells these dark German breads but only seasonally, so now at iHerb I have a year-round source! Yay! I love this bread best toasted, with peanut butter. Yum! To keep it fresh, be sure to store it in a zippie bag in the refrigerator once you open the package. I've also had good luck freezing unopened packages, for longer storage (couple of months). Defrosts perfectly and is still delicious. I will definitely buy again.

nutty and tangy

Posted by Reviewer2236342 on May 31, 2012

a delicious bread that freezes well and is good as toast.

Pumpernickel

Posted by 5492881743516416496 on May 08, 2012

It is a little to strong for our taste...the bread is still a good choice for sandwiches

Pumpernickel bread