Mestemacher, Pumpernickel with Whole Rye Kernel, 17.6 oz (500 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Healthy bread option

Posted by donnmouj on May 09, 2015

It is really hard to get whole grain bread here in Korea, most supermarkets sell only white bread and I have not seen whole grain bread anywhere on the shelve yet. Iherb saved me from only eating those white bread here. It definitely has a strong flavour but I am getting a hang of it. I bought a few and put them in the fridge and my bet is that they will be okay as long as I don't open the plastic cover until I want to eat one. Once you open it, it needs to be consumed within 5 days, provided that you store them in the fridge. :)

So grainy with a nice flavor to it

Posted by 4926039509927949146 on Aug 13, 2015

I live in South Korea and cannot find decent bread easily. I was excited to learn that Iherb had good quality bread and read the reviews on this. This particular shipment was held up in customs for over a week and I was really annoyed and worried that I would get moldy bread delivered to me. When I received my package, to my pleasant surprise, I saw that the Mestemacher had an expiration date for May of 2016! I was glad that my bread wasn't moldy but then worried that the bread would contain all sorts of preservatives. The label states that there are no preservatives. I am not sure how it manages to stay good for so long, and it tastes nice as well. To keep it fresh, I put it into a vacuum seal bag in the fridge. Tip* You should toast the bread as it sometimes breaks in half when you try and take it out. Use a knife, like you would when using a letter opener to an envelope, to take a slice out. Also, one slice is pretty hardy for one person. The first day, I shared 3 slices of bread ( I bought 3 different kinds) with my husband, and we got so full. It was a bit much. I think the Pumpernickel tastes nicer than the Whole Rye Bread. I also bought the Bavarian Gluten Free, which is also nice and lighter than the other two.

Tasty but

Posted by 5143800280924132470 on Nov 05, 2014

I wish the rye kernels were still whole. Just a very picky request however, I like how most pumpernickel is chewy, this one lacked a little bit of chew.

Pumpernickel

Posted by 5492881743516416496 on May 08, 2012

It is a little to strong for our taste...the bread is still a good choice for sandwiches

nutty and tangy

Posted by Reviewer2236342 on May 31, 2012

a delicious bread that freezes well and is good as toast.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »